What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Football Manager 2018 - Journeyman Challenge

Khandamir

Currently residing in Los Santos
The Journeyman Challenge

''So, you want to become a football manager? Well, you're not alone. Plenty of other fish in the sea. Need to go out and prove yourself if you want to be hired. Go try a few more amateur teams before you apply here again!''

That was ten years ago. You just got out of Uni, your horrible football injury prevented you from playing actively yourself, but you were still in love with the game. With your degree in your pocket and some experience assisting your Uni football teams coach in your final year, you decide to try and apply to some local lower league teams. You get laughed away everywhere. Even at the local team you grew up with. No experience, no reputation, no name.

After slaving away as a callcentre-agent and supermarket employee for the last ten years, while in your spare time trying to ''train'' a group of local youth hanging out on the streets playing The Game. You still feel that desire burning to get into The Game for real. You often dream of sitting on the bench at great matches in crowded stadiums.

Then while reading the local news, you see the trainer of your local club got fired. You think to yourself ''Why the heck not. It's been ten years. They don't have the same chairman anymore...'''.
You decide to apply to the team and to your surprise, get invited to a interview. Little did you know, your youth trainer is now chairman. He knows you very well and is aware of your qualities. Still, you get grilled by the board, who have some serious doubts into hiring you. Eventually, your own confidence and the backing of the chairman settle it. You pen the deal, never having felt more excited in your life.

And so it begins!

​

What is the Journeyman Challenge?

You start a FM carreer. Select as many nations as your computer will run and then add their lower leagues as well. You will create a Manager without any Coaching Qualifications and with the lowest possible Past Playing Experience. Your game settings have to include: - Prevent use of Ingame Editor, - No transfer budgets in first window, - Prevent teams who already have a manager from being controlled. Other settings are free to change.

Now you start your career without a club and start applying. Any way to the top is valid. You can chose to stay at 1 club and help them to the top, or look for new employment at your earliest opportunity. You will need to convince your employers to get more Coaching Qualifications to be able to advance in your career.

Goal:

Nothing less than the top of the top is the ultimate goal here. Ofcourse you are free to retire at any point you feel you got the most out of your career. But the ultimate goal is of course; Top of the Hall of Fame!

ra7K5th.png

---

Progress Khandamir:

BXGOpKS.png

@WhoisDan @Vlad Vagin @Jay and anyone else playing;

You are challenged.

Best of luck and may the best manager prevail ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
Challenge accepted!

Just need some days off work to have them 15+ hour sit downs! :p

Season 2019/2020 is done!

Made a move from Bognor Regis Town FC to Forest Green Rovers, the worlds first vegan football club. I got fined twice for sneaking steak sandwich with me to work. The goal was to qualify for the playoffs. We outdid ourselves there by winning the league with 102 points, a safe 12 points clear. In the FA Cup we managed to surprise the bookmakers by getting to the 4th round, losing 3-1 against Arsenal in what was without doubt the biggest game of my career. The roaring Emirates Stadium is quite the change of scenery compared to our own New Lawn grounds. We also won the FA Trophy, bagging a total of 35 manager points this season. Only 4900-something away from the top! I also managed to secure some board funding for my National B and A licenses, furthering my list of qualifications.

I hope for a new job next season, as I don't much fancy the imminent relegation battle with Rovers. I performed well enough to start being noticed, the question is by who. I am ambitious so the team needs to match that.

Ur6XhF8.png

Season 2019/2020 is done!

Made a move from Bognor Regis Town FC to Forest Green Rovers, the worlds first vegan football club. I got fined twice for sneaking steak sandwich with me to work. The goal was to qualify for the playoffs. We outdid ourselves there by winning the league with 102 points, a safe 12 points clear. In the FA Cup we managed to surprise the bookmakers by getting to the 4th round, losing 3-1 against Arsenal in what was without doubt the biggest game of my career. The roaring Emirates Stadium is quite the change of scenery compared to our own New Lawn grounds. We also won the FA Trophy, bagging a total of 35 manager points this season. Only 4900-something away from the top! I also managed to secure some board funding for my National B and A licenses, furthering my list of qualifications.

I hope for a new job next season, as I don't much fancy the imminent relegation battle with Rovers. I performed well enough to start being noticed, the question is by who. I am ambitious so the team needs to match that.

My first job was with Bognor Regis as well jeez

@Saul Goodman @Vlad Vagin @WhoisDan update;

a04739d6c0c7e5c7220f499fab675695.png

After winning promotion with Forest Green Rovers and being off to a good start, the chance to make a move up the ladder came by. Fulham was without a manager, I applied and got hired. They were fighting relegation, placed 23rd mid November 2020. After turning things around completely I took them up and up and we ended 5th, qualified for playoffs for promotion and we won. Managing in the top division in my 4th season was much faster than I anticipated!

In the second year at Fulham and first year in Premier League I managed to pick up a job with Jamaica, qualifying for the World Cup 2022 (have to be honest, most of the qualifying work was already done).  That year we ended 4th in the Premier League, beyond any expectations (supposed to avoid relegation..) and qualified for the Champions League.

The World Cup 2022 was a disaster for Jamaica, but hey we were just there for contending and we never expected anything. We lost 2 games vs England and Argentina and drew vs Austria, ending last. After the World Cup I applied and got hired for Uruguay, I felt the Jamaican national team didn't have enough opportunities to grow and contend on a decent level. Uruguay has a lot of promising young players and a reputation on the world stage.

My career is going well for me, I'm progressing, getting more qualifications and most of all; my reputation is growing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back