What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Impounding vehicles to remove rebel gear

Dexter

Washed
So recently I have noticed that police like to take your weapons or gear and place them inside their vehicle, that's fine, the problem is that they will then normally impound that vehicle to stop you gaining access to it again. Doesn't matter the location. This greatly reduces the roleplay as it stops the rebel gaining access to their items again.  In my opinion, there should be a rule put into play so the officer has to drive the vehicle back to the PD before impounding it. This allows the rebel to try and gain access to the vehicle to get the gear back and creates more realism than the gear being taken and disappearing. This allows for more roleplay and even some intense chases or more activity for cops to be aware of. 

The cops have a rule that they are not allowed to use the "Remove Weapons" function outside of the PD however, this is basically an exploit to this system as they are taking the weapons then removing them by abusing the Impound vehicle function.

A simple rule that means the police have to drive the vehicle back to the PD to remove the weapons will fix it. In the newest update this was added:

• Added an equipment crate to each base (Dump loose gear in there, then empty it via the scroll wheel to delete it) @DjHolyChirst
Adding this to the PD's so the cops can use the crate and 'destroy' the items for when they return with the weapons they have impounded

Let me know what you think and if anything should be changed.

+1

I'm a cop and I agree honestly (unless the car is damaged so then impounding with weapons inside can take place anywhere)

Last edited by a moderator:
+1 This so much. 

Iv'e had times where a police took a Handgun off me because i had a murder charge & i was roleplaying to try get it back, but he just impounded the car. I think it could create a chance of opportunity for some more roleplay. 

+1

Do not see why this is not viewed as Exploiting. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Ask them to dispose of it in the newly added equipment boxes at stations, I would like to think most officers would take the vehicle back to PD or just wait and continue to drive it around until the next convenient moment to impound their vehicle to remove the items within it.

Most officers don't impound the vehicle on the spot. It is there patrol vehicle and will need it to get back to a P.D or keep patrolling, this giving time for people to attempt to get there gear back.

Most officers don't impound the vehicle on the spot. It is there patrol vehicle and will need it to get back to a P.D or keep patrolling, this giving time for people to attempt to get there gear back.
Have to agree with this, I never do it on the spot, always take it back to the station impound and get a new car.

Back