What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

pc problems

Smitherz

so my friends pc was acting weird all day when  is monitors then starting turning off and not coming back on, when he checked to see if any wires were loose at the back, the pc just cut out. when he tried booting it back up the CPU fan would kick in and the PSU fan but not the GPU or any of the case fans. any suggestions to why this is happening???

Seems like it is stuck around BIOS sequence. No screens turn on? If possible, could a video be posted, easier to see what is happening and easier to possibly find a solution from that.

IMPORTANT: If the GPU fan is not spinning, do not leave the computer on for long. This could, and will, damage the graphics card. I would honestly suggest bringing it to any PC support place, and get them to look at it, if its true that the graphics card fan does not spin, trying to fix it via here could, as I said, potentially further damage the computer. 

Sounds good @Keith fishwick, I will try and help as good as I can, unless someone else helps before. 

At least I'm not the only one with this problem 😂 I personally just kick the PC which is a very Irish solution but trust me it don't work already smashed the pc case as well. 

Oh btw @Smitherz does anything show on the screen when he turns it on and is he able to use it like browsing the web etc without it happening and does it only happen when he plays games? At least in my case my PC doesn't turn off when I'm browsing the web or playing Farm Sim or GTA but everything else makes the PC reboot after a while. 

we got it sorted now @James Travers there was a loose wire that wasnt connected properly cough cough @Keith fishwick
1f602.png
 but his pc is working fine now 
Alri that's good 👍

Motherboards with LED Q code display have saved me when I've had problems in the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Happened to me, just replaced the CPU, PSU, Motgerboard and case, also recommend a water cooler!

Back