What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Active gunfight rules.

L1L

I was hoping a staff member could help me clear up what rules actually apply during active gunfights.

It seems like people generally have very different interpretations of what is allowed here, some believe that after shots have been fired and returned the area basically becomes a ''red zone'' while others believe they can walk into it, and call it RDM if they get killed without a gun in their hand or if they wasn't part of the first initiation.

The Rules i find can be applied to active gunfight scenarios:
________________________________________________________________________________________________

[SIZE=medium](3.5) You must hot-mic all communications that have been made over teamspeak when they are relevant to influencing the course of roleplay. This means that if you are communicating to fellow team members via Teamspeak and you are in audio proximity range of another player (they can hear you), you must hot mic any commands given so the rival player can overhear. This rule does not apply if both sides are engaged in a gunfight together.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](3.7) Baiting - Baiting for the sake of a gunfight is not roleplay. Punishment is a ban. Examples: Flying over someone with a chopper waiting for warning shots to instantly shoot them back, robbing a service station with the intent of a gunfight, etc. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](9.2.4) Combat Reviving - If combat is in effect, or shots have been fired within the last 5 minutes, the area is not safe to enter for rescuing the injured. Therefore, you cannot revive at this time. This rule is exempt for civilians using defibrillators.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](2.6) Combat storing, such as storing a vehicle whilst you are being chased or to prevent roleplay will result in a ban.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](5.3) When you respawn: [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous roleplay situations. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember where any of its vehicles outside the garage are [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does not remember any previous enemies (your killer/robber etc) [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character does remember their friends & gang members.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium](5.4) When you are revived/downed:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]You may not actively enter or continue any combat situation for the next 15 minutes.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]Your character retains all knowledge of the time before they are downed.[/SIZE]

While you are downed you may not divulge tactical information to anyone. The exception to this is information spoken in direct chat in game. Please be mindful that you are heavily injured and should act accordingly.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

In my opinion there is no rule focused strictly at ''active gunfights'' there is no rule that you have to inform the people involved about allies in the area which would then allow gang members to freely enter combat without initiation.

How would an potential enemy know that the person entering the area is actually part of the opposing gang (assuming they are wearing a mask/not looking at their floating LED information lights above their head) and basically any hobo that accidentally finds them selves in these situation become targets. Really the sound of gunshots should be enough to call it ''not safe to enter'' and oppon doing so there is no way you cant take into account you might get shot and killed (recall to the statement about it becoming a temporary redzone).

/Yah boi, Jeep

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry to hijack your thread, but I have a question related to that. 

We had a gunfight at a gas station with the police, on both sides people were already down. Suddenly this armed guy comes running up to the gas station and I kill him while still in that situation. After asking him why he’s there and if he’s with police etc. he tells me he wasn’t involved at all and thought he was actually running away from the gunshots. Tried dragging him away from the area so medics could get to him, but no point. 

Now regarding to the rules above, was it perfectly fine to shoot him without further initiation? 

We had a gunfight at a gas station with the police, on both sides people were already down. Suddenly this armed guy comes running up to the gas station and I kill him while still in that situation. After asking him why he’s there and if he’s with police etc. he tells me he wasn’t involved at all and thought he was actually running away from the gunshots. Tried dragging him away from the area so medics could get to him, but no point. 

Now regarding to the rules above, was it perfectly fine to shoot him without further initiation? 
A good example of why this needs to be cleared up.

This is a situation that happens often. If you are a police officer and are engaged with rebels then every person with a gun can be seen as a rebel. However if you as a rebel are engaged with police and would shoot other rebels then it would be RDM from your side. And indeed the "I have friends in the area" is not in the rules but see it as a unwritten rule.

Oh, thank you for clearing that up! The reason I shot in the first place at someone who wasn’t obviously police, was that in my experience other rebel gangs often tend to engage in an ongoing gunfight

I did apologise to the player however and offered comp, so thankfully both him and me resolved the issue. 

This is a situation that happens often. If you are a police officer and are engaged with rebels then every person with a gun can be seen as a rebel. However if you as a rebel are engaged with police and would shoot other rebels then it would be RDM from your side. And indeed the "I have friends in the area" is not in the rules but see it as a unwritten rule.
True it is considered common rebel etiquette to inform about friends in the area, how ever the only real reason i find to actually do this is so you can initiate for a allied sniper (seeing as he cant walk up and tell the guy he's going to shot him)

Once a gunfight starts after some propper initiations, then you can shoot the peoe you have initiated on, if it is police you are fighting then you can shoot police, not rebels. If it's rebels you are fighting then you can shoot rebels you believe/know is involved: (either has a gun or you have received Intel through role play that the said individual is involved).

You cannot shoot every Tom, Aiden and Azamai just because you feel like it (althou it is tempting). You can only shoot those you know are involved.

Me personally, if I get involved in a gunfight with other rebels. I shoot all rebels in the area until the active situation is dealt with. 

if it turns out that I’ve shot someone who wasn’t involved/affiliated with the gang I am initiated with. Then I’ll speak to them afterwards, and potentially (most usually) offer them comp. 

E.g I’m in an active firefight at weed with another rebel gang, a helicopter from a third rebel gang flies over weed with a bench. From my POV I can shoot them, from their POV it’s RDM. Wrong place wrong time, so I think comp is the best solution

(By rebels I mean armed people)

Once a gunfight starts after some propper initiations, then you can shoot the peoe you have initiated on, if it is police you are fighting then you can shoot police, not rebels. If it's rebels you are fighting then you can shoot rebels you believe/know is involved: (either has a gun or you have received Intel through role play that the said individual is involved).

You cannot shoot every Tom, Aiden and Azamai just because you feel like it (althou it is tempting). You can only shoot those you know are involved.
This is usually my interpretation as well, how ever.
Say im alone and trying to rob some rebels of what ever they have in their truck, the situation evolves into a gunfight and suddenly im surrounded by his gang mates. (friends in the area etc)

Now they have Intel on me but i don't have any one them,  A rebel who is part of their gang and receiving Intel on my position and what i look like decides to ambush me. I see him and dont shoot because i dont know if he's involved or not but he guns me down instantly since he has the intel.

Is this RDM or Fail Rp? or neither?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is usually my interpretation as well, how ever.
Say im alone and trying to rob some rebels of what ever they have in their truck, the situation evolves into a gunfight and suddenly im surrounded by his gang mates. (friends in the area etc)

Now they have Intel on me but i don't have any one them,  A rebel who is part of their gang and receiving Intel on my position and what i look like decides to ambush me. I see him and dont shoot because i dont know if he's involved or not but he guns me down instantly since he has the intel.

Is this RDM or Fail Rp? or neither?
Current state? Neither, theres nothing wrong if he shoots you as he is a part of the gunfight. If you know he's involved then you can shoot him aswell. A simple way to get people that arnt involved (as far as yet aware) is to inform then that: "if you don't leave this area, I will consider you involved with the gunfight and I'll gun you and yer duck down".

Back