What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

4 Years Anniversary

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilco

The King
Lifetime Donator
rplogo.png

4 Year Anniversary

On the 20th of February 2018 Roleplay UK turned 4 years old!

@Mr Cardoso asked me this week when this all started did I expect this to last this long and the answer was a No!, It was not until after the first week when forum registrations were going through the roof and the server was getting more and more popular i felt that we could build something that could maybe last a number of months.

I would say around the point of 3-4 months when we were the first and still only UK themed server and the only one enforcing its rules in the name of roleplay to the point we do where we started building a good name and good reputation to what this place was about i started to feel this is going to last a few years!

Most people knew from the early days that Altis Life UK was a Roleplay server and not just a Roleplay server a serious one that enforced its rules, Yes I personally got some flack for our strictness and yes people still do not understand what this place is about but there on the exclusive banned players list of 25,191 people at the time of writing this.

I have met some amazing people along the way which have transferred to meetups and real life friendships and I am sure you have all met some amazing people along the way due to this community that you now consider friends!

The fact people still enjoy this daily, have fond memories of ALUK/RPUK and have met good friends that they would of only connected with being apart of this journey for me is worth every minute of every hour we have poured into this project.

Since the first few months this hasn't been about numbers, I think our banning and strict rules speak volumes we would much rather have 1 full server of great Roleplayers than 2-3 servers of people who make the mistake buying Arma rather than grand theft auto.

As you can see we are still extremely popular, You are aware of server/teamspeak & partnered discord numbers however here is our website stats... Completely mind blowing and shows that the community is very much still in its peak in its 4th year!

websiteroleplaystats.png

I would like to say thanks to the following people:

You, Yes you the community the beating heart of Roleplay on the server, We thank you for remaining loyal and enjoying our server daily whether you have been here for 4 years or this is your first day we hope you really get something from this from fond gaming memories to PC gaming friends for life!

Our Management team for your countless hours, Your commitment and all coming in and taking the big burden of power when the server needed 5 different versions of "Wilcos" to take us to the next level, I am confident anyone of us could walk away from this tomorrow and the community would live on strongly! but i also know none of us ever will by personal choice!

Our Staff team and community managers who all work real life jobs then come home giving up endless hours of their free time to cater for the community's and servers various different needs without anyone having to ask, We should all be very grateful

Our DEV team who have transformed the direction of updates on the server firstly fixing multiple issues then releasing updates for people to enjoy on a weekly basis

Our Donators who take the burden of our monthly fees away, no one here could afford to fund this by themselves so accept our huge gratitude for keeping the lights on each and every month none of this would of been possible without you!

Whitelisted Leaders & Staff who on a daily basis give up hours of free time to run there factions independently from our staff team accepting and training new applicants and setting and enforcing there own faction rules to keep Roleplay sky high when any of the civs come into contact with them.

Bohemia Interactive for giving us this great platform where the possibility's are endless, I know Life/Roleplay as always just been a result of allowing custom missions/scripts but we feel recently you have embraced the scene, I know a lot of community's and there members give you a lot of flack and blame there issues on you but our experience has been different when there has been an issue you have always in the end gone out your way to fix and test fixes with us over the 4 years and we thank you for that!

But it doesn't end with Arma!

Around a year ago Ciaran looked at bringing us a GTA RP server but with the numbers and other limitations of that engine and the legal proceedings that were taking place at the time we decided it was not suitable for serious roleplay and today it still doesn't look like a suitable platform.

We are hungry to complement our Altis Life Roleplay servers and host other platforms for people to Roleplay on and unfortunately there hasn't been a game mode suitable as of yet, We are however looking forward to the release of Identity RPG in the next year which we have been tracking and asking questions to there DEV team about since the announcement and we are also excited at the opportunity of our DEV team taking a look at PUBG when it opens up for modding / missions, there is also some hype from us around the next Arma and the impressing looking enfusion engine or any other game that is on the horizon we can work with.

Here is to another 4 years and beyond!

wilco.png

Day one Roleplayer, Founder & Management team

Last edited by a moderator:
Yay 4 year achievement soon

I'd like to personally thank the other faction leaders as well for their hours of contributions throughout the years that largely go unnoticed and without them we'd have no white-listed groups!!

@CMO Singh @ex CMO Joel Denning @NHS Consultants @CC Aiden @CC Joseph Tadworth @Dredd the Destroyer @DCC Coozer @Fluqi @Curley @DCC Ponty @EmPeRoR RuTHLeSS2k18

Here's to another year of working together semi-smoothly

And also thanks to @Kech, @Khandamir, @Edgar Ville & @blaze1981 for your huge contributions as well <3

Congratulations @Wilco for the growing of your Empire. We look forward to the RoleplayUK content that is awaiting on the Horizon.

Thanks to the staff team, who have made my stay a good 2 years. 

A suggestion for you, bring back one of the original ALUK mission files on a restart, maybe on server 2.

I do seriously enjoy this game, and since i am no big timer, and will go un-noticed i would still like to say thank you for such a great gamemode.

A. xx

Have not been here for that long, Only a year and a bit but happy to be apart of the community. Congratz on the 4 years RPUK/Wilco/whoever else i hope it will thrive for long and prosperous time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back