What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What CPU should I get?

tristanboy15

Banned
So, currently I have this computer.

https://www.paradigit.nl/medion-akoya-p5209e/80010192/product

I bought it  back in 2013 I believe and I'm still using it. I recently bought a 1050ti and that was my only change to this computer. Everything else is basically stock. Now, I want to be capable of running smoother on games such as ArmA, GTA and Rust as example. I am really interested in buying a new CPU but I don't want to pay more than 150-200 euro's. (I know that the average CPU is around this price range) I could get an I7 but that's really expensive and I will need to buy multiple upgrades. What would you guys suggest me to upgrade and what will I need to buy?

I recently made the switch to AMD and bought the Ryzen 5 1600, honestly it was a great decision and it's worth every penny. It's not super expensive and can run Arma 3 perfectly when put with a 1050ti which is what I have. It has no problem handling everything I throw at it, you could buy the 1600X but that does not come with a cooler and you can overclock the regular 1600 to the same speed anyway. Hope this helps!

Edit: Do some research first, you will probably need to upgrade your motherboard and in turn your RAM.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now the thing to consider here is he said 150 to 200 Euros. Which means based on the computer he provided the spec for he can only have CPU's for the 1155 socket type. Otherwise a new motherboard and potentially new RAM will also be needed. Here is a list of 1155 CPU's. http://www.cpu-world.com/Sockets/Socket 1155 (LGA1155).html

I personally recommend the i7 2600k versus your current i5 3350p. Please bare in mind I don't know what motherboard you have so it may be unsupported. To check run DXDIAG from the windows search and then once run you will see your motherboard model no under the term "system model" you will need to look up if any of the processors on this list are supported against that motherboard. 

So in short, look up what motherboard you have, then check for the best CPU on that list and is supported then get that one. The i7 2600k is pretty cheap at only £126.99 on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Intel-I7-2600K-3400MHz-LGA1155-Desktop/dp/B004FA8NOQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1520549298&sr=8-1&keywords=i7+2700k

Just make sure you check the CPU you choose is supported.

@Rekkemmo he is willing to sell me the i7 2600 for €95. If I include my i5 3350p it's €75. Should I just go on and buy it for €75? At the end my current CPU lasted for 5 years

I have bought the i7 2600. However I do now have issues placing the fan back, it wont attach anymore. Any opinions for a new fan? 

Unfortunately fan brackets differ. My Coolermaster Evo is a pain in the ass. No idea what bracket you have so can't give much help there you could have a thousand possible brackets. Submit a pic of it?

twist the lock mechanism, its supposed to push the black pin through the white plastic part

Intel i5 8600k would be probably be the best if you look at gaming preformance to price. Would also be the most future proof.

NOTE! requires new motherboard and Ram. 

fb394b7f698a5eb84bafd615259cd158.png

Back