What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Replacing My 10 Year Old PC

Why have you gone for the mini 1060?

Also, I would consider another SSD/larger SSD for your top 3 or so favourite games, just makes life more a doddle than sticking all of those on a slower HDD

This cooler you picked or should i call it a  dust collecting block of metal, how much ?

Look at a corsair liquid cooler

Looks nice, but is recommend bigger SSD, and i would wait until the new grapic cards come in a few months, then ul get the 1060, 1070 or 1080 cheaper. Guessing these mini cards arent as good cooling on aswell, cant say for sure tho. Unless ur using a minitower case id go for the normal size versions

Thank you all for the replies so far!

I'm getting the PC today in like 14 hours.

Getting a bigger SSD and Wilco's wet (metal) box.

Any other recommendations?

Looks good, I would have changed some parts tho.
I would have gone for Cooler Master - Hyper 212 EVO as CPU cooler, its best for the buck for sure.

Changed the motherboard to something from MSI, due to it being slick to use and easy for overclocking. Its also way more solid than other motherboards.
I suggest: MSI - Z270 GAMING M5

Changed the 120GB SSD to a 250gb.
Or get 2 120GB SSD, 1 for Windows, 1 for Arma / another frequently played game.

And a HDD for all you other shit.

I would also go for GTX 1070 instead of 1060 if you have some extra bucks for that, its worth it for sure!

I would definitely change the graphics card... If you can stretch your budget to a 1070 it is definitely worth it. However if you can’t, I can recommend getting a full size 6gb 1060. For less than what you’re paying for the mini one you can get https://pcpartpicker.com/product/JVWrxr/msi-geforce-gtx-1060-6gb-gaming-x-video-card-geforce-gtx-1060-gaming-x-6g

Which will perform better than the mini equivalent with $50 ish saving. There is no risk of thermal throttling with the full size cooler.

With the saved money you can then scrap with SATA SSD and look at an M.2 ssd instead. M.2 drives have substantially faster read/right speeds and are not limited by the sata interface. I use the Samsung drives myself, and you can use a model such as https://pcpartpicker.com/product/ZNBrxr/samsung-960-evo-250gb-m2-2280-solid-state-drive-mz-v6e250 

The selected motherboards supports 2 M.2 NVME SSDs so you still have room for a second one if you wish.

You missed out the M.2 SSD, not the end of the world but at least you got a full sized  gpu. Should see you through a good few years more 

Back