What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Stand Up To Cancer

FergusW

Fergus
Hi all,
As some of you may know, I am a 'practising' baker and try and make something different every week. Also as a bonus, one of my favourite shows (Great British Bake Off) was on last year. I have carried on baking numerous things but not for charity... Just to get slightly more relaxed and a 'teambuilder' thing.

Going to skip all the stuff about how I react to the general show itself as that's not what this post is about. What this is about is Cancer and how it affects people. I was drinking my Tea when the bit at the ending struck me. It's horrible what people have to go through and how they deal with it...
If you haven't seen either of these episodes endings, here they are *Warning - second ending is very sad*
https://www.standard.co.uk/stayingin/tvfilm/utterly-heartbreaking-bill-turnbull-leaves-bake-off-viewers-in-tears-as-he-opens-up-about-his-cancer-a3783466.html

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'm going to try and do something myself to help locally and try and get as much money as possible to go to charity and I hope you do too! This isn't a post asking for you to donate to me personally as I don't need it, also I can't due to age.. I'm asking for you - baker or not, to make a difference within your area and help!
#LetsBeatCancer        R.I.P Eve
1200px-Stand_up_to_Cancer_logo.svg.png

Last edited by a moderator:
man having watched bill on breakfast and have members suffer from cancer i never met my grandad he died before i was born and had lung cancer i appreciate what you are doing puts a tear to my eye so thank you. 

love 

Timmy

Well said @Fergus the Hostage. It's horrible the sheer amount of people who are diagnosed with cancer, nearly every day and I appreciate what you are doing for your local community it takes a lot of guts and courage to stick out from the bunch and make an effort to make a difference. Well done!

Good on you mate, you’re right that more people should stand up from the crowd so keep at what you are doing!

what your doing is absolutely amazing @SGT Fergus. That video brought tears to my eyes and I for a fact have never cried at any emotional TV/Movie, It was really moving. Cancer has effected lots of my family and friends, I lost my great Nan my mums friend and one of my friend lost his mum so it has had a huge impact on me and others.

My Nan was recently diagnosed with a stage 1 cancer but thank fucking god they caught it so early and removed the lump before it could grow any more or spread. Just got the all clear today too :). What you are doing is a very kind and a mature thing to do and clearly shows you have a big heart and are passionate about the topic and helping other people. If i wasn't broke i would donate money,hope you can raise enough money to help some people out there. Keep the work up and spread the word as much as you can to get the word out there. Your a good person Fergus you really are.

Lets beat cancer together.

Back