What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

error-code-0xc00000f

killersky

just replaced my bios battery after 6 years of usage, right after replacing it i booted up the pc and it crashed mid boot (after the bios) and gave my error-code-0xc00000f.

so i think i might have touched my hdd/ssd during the replacement of the battery but that doesnt seem the case, so does anyone have a idea?

yes i did think about reinstalling windows or performing a repair, but my current pc build does not have a cd/dvd station and i do not have a usb with windows on it

First thing I'd try is booting with nothing plugged in at all, see if that changes anything, if not then you could use a tool like EasyRE (costs about £20), but you'd need to make a bootable USB then, so you might have to look into borrowing one off somebody.

You could use startup repair as @Simon- mentioned and repair BOOTMGR (this is the best option really)

You could also do it manually using cmd by typing

Code:
bootrec /rebuildbcd
with your windows installation location selected. (this also requires a Windows Install Disk / Drive.

just tried an clean install from bootable usb, however the usb isnt even showing up in the boot piority!

anyone any suggestions?

after unplugging all drives leaving only the usb i managed to set usb as piority 1 and plugged my drives back in, the problem is fixed now and everything is running just fine.

Thanks for all the help guys, very appreciated!

Can you try give clear steps on what you did?

Just try remove it all since you might have too many plugged in at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
PROBLEM: i wanted to replace my bios battery, after replacing it my pc went into an endless cycle of starting up and shutting down.

after a close look i found out that the error-code-0xc00000f flashed past a couple times.

FIX: i tried to use a bootable usb drive however my bios did not recognize the usb drive, after a bit screwing around i decided to unplug all HDD and SSD drives leaving the usb as the only drive inside the pc.

then the usb showed up in the bios boot piority and i booted from the usb, since the usb drive was selected as piority 1 i plugged all the drives back in and the selected custom install. and installed windows 10, because my last used OS was an outdated win 7 basic i also decided to format all my external drives and basicly made a clean install!

at the end i did come across a small problem with my hard drive not showing up in the os, but then found out that i havn''t made a partition on the drive yet.

so a quick diskpart session fixed it, and all i had to do then was assign a drive letter to it and it was showing up again.

CONCLUSION: still dont know what cause the problem in the first place, but what i think is "after the replacing of the bios battery i must have accidently unplugged my boot drive during the startup progress and damaged the iso????"

still not sure, if anyone knows what caused this then i would like to know for future reference!

Can you try give clear steps on what you did?

Just try remove it all since you might have too many plugged in at the time.
well i dont really get what you mean with too many plugged in, my motherboard has 4 sata slots and only 2 were in use. but i have no idea why the usb drive was not showing up in the boot piority

Back