What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Budget PC?

killersky

i am currently thinking of getting a pc which is fit to play arma with atleast high setting while having 60fps consistent.

the thing is while looking for parts etc i found out that alot of prebuilds are almost cheaper then buying the parts yourself.

so here is the question: prebuild or custom? and if prebuild then which one/if custom then what parts is recommended.

budget is between 800-1100 euro.

i am able to strip usable parts of my old pc.

Arma 3 is a very CPU intensive game so you'd be looking for something like an Intel i7-7700k or the Ryzen equivalent. And you should be sorted graphics wise with a Nvidia GTX 1060 or equivalent

In Kavala.

Debateable.

Other places, I get 60 fps all the times and it lowers to 30-40 fps in Kavala so.@Simon Ross your theory is wrong.

In Kavala.

Debateable.

Other places, I get 60 fps all the times and it lowers to 30-40 fps in Kavala so.@Simon Ross your theory is wrong.
Well from my experience on modded it is almost impossible...

But if I was you I would proritise CPU over GPU for arma, and get something like a 1060 as GPU and do rest on CPU

I made a quick build to give you a general idea. This won't allow you CPU oc tho since you haven't requested it. Also didn't include a case as you prolly have one already

It comes at around 1000 bucks which gives you room for some improvements if necessary

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/list/XMqr6s

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess if you look at the sky you get 60fps. 

In Kavala forget it, i guess the devs forgot to optimise it when making the game

jayray, i meant 60fps in singleplayer campaign and not on MP since it denpends on the server too.

i can strip off 2x 2tb hdd and 2x 128gb ssd .... and thats about it. the rest are way to outdated

jayray, i meant 60fps in singleplayer campaign and not on MP since it denpends on the server too.

i can strip off 2x 2tb hdd and 2x 128gb ssd .... and thats about it. the rest are way to outdated
So you need a case too? Are you planning on overclocking your cpu?

So you need a case too? Are you planning on overclocking your cpu?
not really, and yes i do need a new case as the people who asemble my pc were complete weirdos, they stick the case together with nails so i cant really open it.

not really, and yes i do need a new case as the people who asemble my pc were complete weirdos, they stick the case together with nails so i cant really open it.
hahaha ok

Anyways as for the case any CoolerMaster / NZXR / Corsair will do. Depends on your taste

Back