What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Performance going to shit

L1L

So basically i used to get decent performance on RPUK and realy good performance on local, all of a sudden i have noticed a sever decrease in my performance and i cant figure out why.

I will post my specs below and if you have similar/better/lower parts then me please tell me what kind of performance you get and if you have any tips on which settings affect it the most.

I have set my start up parameters to match my specs and have been running the game on standard settings which usaly gives me around 30fps on RPUK and 80fps on Local/Editor.

AMD FX-8350 Black Edition, 4.0ghz CPU (unoverclocked, maybe worth to do so?)
EVGA Geforce GTX 1070 SC Gaming, GPU
Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3P, Motherboard
16gb of 1600mhz RAM.
Samsung 850 EVO Basic MZ-75E1T0B/EU 1TB SSD.
600W PSU.

@_smithy 😢

The server has always had performance issues. Like being in kavala on a full server is nearly impossible to do as you will be getting 24 or less fps. The server seems to have dips where it goes really bad to ok.

Last edited by a moderator:
How long have you had your CPU? If you have had it a fairly lengthy time already don't overclock because it will probably die by the end of the year, especially with how CPU intensive Arma is.

The server has always had performance issues. Like being in kavala on a full server is nearly impossible to do as you will be getting 24 or less fps. The server seems to have dips where it goes really bad to ok.
Yes i know, the thing is that we where playing a milsim yesterday and i was going between 1-2 FPS on the same settings....

Yes i know, the thing is that we where playing a milsim yesterday and i was going between 1-2 FPS on the same settings....
Otherwise it could be the specs within the computer starting to become out dated. I really have noticed my computer freezing and getting less fps on other serers.

How long have you had your CPU? If you have had it a fairly lengthy time already don't overclock because it will probably die by the end of the year, especially with how CPU intensive Arma is.
Iv had it since 2014...

Otherwise it could be the specs within the computer starting to become out dated. I really have noticed my computer freezing and getting less fps on other serers.
Most of my parts are from 2014 except from the GPU. 

Edit: i have been suspicious of my motherboard bringing down the overall performance for a while now....

Iv had it since 2014...

Most of my parts are from 2014 except from the GPU. 

Edit: i have been suspicious of my motherboard bringing down the overall performance for a while now....
I wouldn't overclock as it will bring its lifespan down. If you plan on upgrading it soon, maybe overclock it until it dies, but otherwise keep it how it is.

Also iv noticed that according to the Arma Video settings i don't get much of a difference if i set it to standard or ultra? is this just me? 

oh wow, what kind of FPS are you getting? 
40fps-50 fps outside Kavala when on about 100 players and about 10 in kavala, I might change  my settigns to something by 900x so it just looks like a bad 1080p rather than a game from N64

• Haha
Reactions: L1L
Also iv noticed that according to the Arma Video settings i don't get much of a difference if i set it to standard or ultra? is this just me? 
I have been playing with my settings for a while now. Some settings make a small difference, but if you add all those up you can get a noticeable change in FPS.

I personally have some things on ultra or very high, while textures for example are on standard. It's all preference of course. 

if u can with that 1070 maybe think about upgrading the cpu if it isint a hstle
I would but with a AM3+ socket there are not alot of options, i could either try to get a new FX-8350 or upgrade to a FX-9590 (from 4.0ghz to 4.7ghz)

that was because the server was unoptimized, 4 missions were spawned in aswell. They completely messed up on that one smh

I got pretty bad FPS when my PC did scans for malware. Open up Task Manager and see if any things at 100%. Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your stuff. If you have an nVidia card check for driver updates for that if you use shadow play, Shadow play used like 90% of the disk so it lagged my game, I updated my video card drivers and it was all good.

I got pretty bad FPS when my PC did scans for malware. Open up Task Manager and see if any things at 100%. Check to see if you have the latest drivers for your stuff. If you have an nVidia card check for driver updates for that if you use shadow play, Shadow play used like 90% of the disk so it lagged my game, I updated my video card drivers and it was all good.
Im sure its not a software related issue, however i will check if i have the latest driver.

Back