What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Arma 3 Freezes when alt-tabbing

Zando912

This is a new issue that has only started happening in the past couple weeks and once my games freezes I have to restart my PC in order to do anything.

Has anyone experienced this issue or know a fix?

change your ingame settings to 'windowed fullscreen' and not 'fullscreen' and it should fix it.

Yep, just like Hammah said, change your ingame settings to 'windowed fullscreen' and not 'fullscreen' and it should fix it. I tried doing that a couple of months ago because Arma 3 would just crash all the time and It worked.

On windows 10 I normally change to a second virtual desktop which has task manager on to stop you from having to restart, that is the one thing I do every time I start arma as a precaution. YOu can then switch between them by using ctrl+win key+ left/right arrow 

There’s currently an issue with the battle eye for arma and it’s making games crash, from what I believe they have fixed it but there have been some repercussions like low FPS and games freezing. I’d recommend putting a question on the Bohemia forum as you may get some responses from arma devs and etc. Just a suggestion. 

On windows 10 I normally change to a second virtual desktop which has task manager on to stop you from having to restart, that is the one thing I do every time I start arma as a precaution. YOu can then switch between them by using ctrl+win key+ left/right arrow 
You use the same method as me! I don’t know why it’s such a revelation for certain people that the fix for alt tabbing issues related to screen freezing would be switching to a mode which does not require to process its own screen resolution - I guess some are more IT clever then others.

Back