What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Un-ban Appeal - VoidBoy - 18/04/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VoidBoy

In-game Name
Lil Adi

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
17/04/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Alfred

Reason given for your ban.
Poor/Low Quality RP (7.1.3)

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for not roleplaying enough with a downed person, giving out low-quality roleplay, executing him without a proper reason.

Why should we unban you ?
I partially agree that what I did was wrong. I could have said a lot more thing than just a few hellos and to ask him to talk or I will execute him. Since he did not respond at all to any of my questions I thought I could stop roleplaying because I was talking to myself and roleplaying is a two-way street where there has to be interaction from both sides. In the report, it is said that "I know that he was AFK but you knew this you gave him all of 40 seconds for him to come back." but I did not know that since he had just crashed his heli and we showed up at the site. I see that this situation only happened because it was unfortunate for me to interact with an AFK player. I would have definitely roleplay more if I got any response. However, I do consider that my decision to execute him was wrong and I should never do this again.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Unfortunate for you to interact with an afk player?  There was no need for you to kill that player,  to kill a player you must carry out high quality roleplay or at very least attempt to provide it. 

If you dont want to attempt to provide quality roleplay because the player is not responding then message and admin ingame and report there is a player afk or dont kill them.

Quote the rules you broke, explain to us what they mean.

Why did you want to kill the player? Are you a player that prefers gunfights and gear over RP ?

(7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together.

This means that killing/executing people and engaging into gunfights must be first carried out with some good RP, good reason and good initiation. It must be clear for both sides what is going to happen.

With this in mind, my roleplay quality was poor since I did not provide him with enough information of why would I execute him. I did it because I wanted to put him out of his misery. However, if I were to get a response, none of this would have happened because I value each players life and I would rather have an interesting interaction than just a gunfight. (I would have rather taken him to the hospital)

I know that what I did was stupid but now I know how should I treat an AFK player "message an admin ingame and report there is a player afk or dont kill them." so this won't ever happen again.

Its common sense that you do not basically RDM a player, however I am glad that you know what you must do if you encounter a player that is afk in the future.

You wanted to put him out of his misery? There was no mention of this in your dialogue ingame in the report?

I am glad that you acknowledge that your roleplay was Poor, but you keep attempting to shift the blame by saying stuff like

if I were to get a response, none of this would have happened because I value each players life
and like

I see that this situation only happened because it was unfortunate for me to interact with an AFK player

You are the player at fault, Do you agree? Before I am happy to go further with this appeal I want to see that you take responsibility for your actions and that you know that you where the player at fault. 

It is very easy not to pull a trigger, its very easy to at least attempt to provide quality roleplay.

Yes, I understand that I have to take responsibility of my own actions and that in this situation I was the player at fault. Now I know how an AFK player should be treated and also that I have to step up my rp game. I am sorry for what happened and I assure you it will not happen again.

It better not!

This is your only ban on record, I am pleased that you understand that this kind of roleplay was poor and is not acceptable. 

With that being said, I do not currently see any major issues with unbanning you.

But if you do get banned in the not so distance future for anything that relates to poor Roleplay then you may not be so successful with that appeal. 

Welcome back, make sure you are confident and have full understanding of our rules before rejoining our game servers. One of the main things I think you should take away from this appeal is that not matter what the circumstances are you THE player are responsible for the rules you break.

Unbanned 23/04/18

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back