What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Mic sounds utter trash in game

VikRambo

Los Santos Police
Los Santos Police
Mic sounds perfectly fine on TS yet in game it sounds like I've got my mic shoved up my ass and am talking through it.

Tried restarting arma and profile setting and everything but no luck.

Problem started after I set up my HTC Vive with my PC but I don't see what could be conflicting there.

Ive been told a few times it sounds like i have some static in game when talking but it's fine on everything else. I'd be curious to find out a fix for that too. 

Arma 3 VOIP is pretty trash. On ts you will always sound much better and that is why all modded servers will use TFR whenever possible. 

Arma 3 uses your default windows recording device - make sure you have your main mic configured correctly.

Last edited by a moderator:
https://i.imgur.com/KMlx2iN.gifv

Check your recording devices window, make sure that only the device that you wish to be using as your microphone is enabled or you may find Arma trying to use an alternative mic. See above Gif for clarification.

From what it sounds like it is using the vive microphone, make sure in steam and windows the default microphone is the one you are using the correct one.

Back