What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

GPU Suggestions

TheGesserGuy

Hello.

I've got a old gaming PC that still uses DDR3, but recently the GPU has literally gone and jumped off a bridge.  No signal is coming through and myself and computer repair shop's conclusion is to buy a new one.  I need one that's under the 120 quid mark, but can play Arma 3 at a standard level at 30-40 FPS. Any suggestions? (Must use PCI Express X16)

To be honest, if you want a good GPU, its gonna cost more than 120. I just recently build my own PC.

I have the i5 7600k with Asus Strix ROG 1070 8gb. Maybe you should try and look at the gpu, I have. Cost around 500 but its really good and would recommend it!

120 And a GPU

Can't find one you will keep for years but emm.

I suggest you get a higher budget as Killersky said or even wait till prices fall

I would suggest atleast 200 for a GPU

If you're looking second hand:

Gtx 780 3GB - Hard, solid card, will run most games still today and is good for another year or two. (AVG £70-90)

Gtx 960 4GB - Driver support will last longer, better, but more expensive than a 780. Will play most games on Very High. (AVG £80-110)

Gtx 970 4GB - Some will go for around £120 but they are older, cards. Will do all you need, and more. (AVG £120-150)

I would recommend Nvidia over AMD purely for longer driver support, but equivalent AMD Radeon cards will work just fine for the same rough price. I would suggest buying second hand with the protection schemes as it is a lot cheaper than new, however you just have to watch out. Buying new cards in the current market is ridiculous, if you need a new card to make-do second hand cards are the way to go. 

If you're looking second hand:

Gtx 780 3GB - Hard, solid card, will run most games still today and is good for another year or two. (AVG £70-90)

Gtx 960 4GB - Driver support will last longer, better, but more expensive than a 780. Will play most games on Very High. (AVG £80-110)

Gtx 970 4GB - Some will go for around £120 but they are older, cards. Will do all you need, and more. (AVG £120-150)

I would recommend Nvidia over AMD purely for longer driver support, but equivalent AMD Radeon cards will work just fine for the same rough price. I would suggest buying second hand with the protection schemes as it is a lot cheaper than new, however you just have to watch out. Buying new cards in the current market is ridiculous, if you need a new card to make-do second hand cards are the way to go. 
From experience of currently owning a GTX 960 there is no way on earth it will run Very High 1080p. On 720 yes but unless you want to get 11fps your looking at around medium settings. 

Hello.

I've got a old gaming PC that still uses DDR3, but recently the GPU has literally gone and jumped off a bridge.  No signal is coming through and myself and computer repair shop's conclusion is to buy a new one.  I need one that's under the 120 quid mark, but can play Arma 3 at a standard level at 30-40 FPS. Any suggestions? (Must use PCI Express X16)
Also if it's a frame rate boost your after for Arma, Arma is a very CPU intensive game. If you look it up on YouTube, in 1 video there is a 1050ti and a 1080ti both tested seperately on the same test bench with an Intel core i7 7700k. There was a 6 fps difference between the two cards at most.

From experience of currently owning a GTX 960 there is no way on earth it will run Very High 1080p.
You must be doing something wrong bud, i've a 950 and i run Very High at a constant 45-50 FPS. 

960 GTX is shit

If you have the Turbo it is around the same as a 1050TI

Other 960 is not worth it and goes around 12 fps in Kavala high settings

You guys really don't have faith in these cards, they're good cards and fit his budget. Im sure he'd get a 1050ti if he had the budget. The 960 is still a very strong card. 

Im not a resolution guy i dont care if i run on low i just want 45-50 FPS so is a 1050 Ti worth it ?

You guys really don't have faith in these cards, they're good cards and fit his budget. Im sure he'd get a 1050ti if he had the budget. The 960 is still a very strong card. 
I don't know how you can claim that I'm not having faith when I've been running this card for the last 4 years.... It's shit. Plus u can get a 1050ti for €170 or around £150 so 30 quid above budget. That ain't gonna break the bank.

Im not a resolution guy i dont care if i run on low i just want 45-50 FPS so is a 1050 Ti worth it ?
It's definitely worth it

Back