Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
ALTIS LIFE 3
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Alfred

New Toy.

Alfred
CaptainScrumpy

If i were you i'd get a bigger power supply if it fits in your budget In case you might wanna upgrade later

This might help if you haven't used it already http://www.coolermaster.com/power-supply-calculator/

CaptainScrumpy

Then go out and have fun with it! @Alfred

Reagan Curly Wurly

Yum yum yum will be good it's daunting when you think about building some headphones in music a tutorial for me and you be fine Dank build doe LIKE I'D IT HOT IN HERE OR IS THAT A SICK BUILD XD

Matt MSc

He was proper wimping out when we tried to convince him, eventually he went for it and boy did good!

Show us a photo of it @Alfred

Vladic Ka

No M.2 drive for arma? Disappointed. 

Nice machine though. Think I’ll upgrade this year...

Ayub Ahm3d

Nice machine!

On a quest to empty mamas creditcard!😂

Alfred

@INS Matt
The computer doesn't look fancy, only one light, and that's the CPU fan.  Also, have to sort out the Ziptieing of cables now I know it works.

@Vladic Ka 
The only thing on the M.2 is OS and Arma 3. The NVMe is the M.2.

@Ayub Ahm3d 
Mama has not paid for anything of mine for at least 18 years now.

Ayub Ahm3d
Posted (edited)

@Alfred

Maybe pay a little extra for getting it build?

I personally think you should be good at building a PC before actually doing it in stuff you invested that much money on.

I learned mine in school but if you're not experienced and nobody teached you have to do it. It will might destroy and that is a crazy amount of money to try out.

A 50 pounds extra wont be too much for getting it build?

Edited by Ayub Ahm3d

Alfred

Well, it is built, my dude. I had a lot of help from people along the way. It is not anywhere near as hard as I thought it would be.

Reagan Curly Wurly
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Ayub Ahm3d said:

@Alfred

Maybe pay a little extra for getting it build?

I personally think you should be good at building a PC before actually doing it in stuff you invested that much money on.

I learned mine in school but if you're not experienced and nobody teached it might be crazy to attempt.

Hey stop! XD don't say pc building is like big men lego  its not as hard as ya think! 😄 

Edited by Reagan Curly Wurly

Ayub Ahm3d

Remember doing it first time myself.

It messed up and when I turned it on it made a weird sound and I accidently grilled the CPU and the fans didn't work :=(

TinyBigJacko
1 hour ago, Ayub Ahm3d said:

Remember doing it first time myself.

It messed up and when I turned it on it made a weird sound and I accidently grilled the CPU and the fans didn't work :=(

Um. What can we say? @Alfred had plenty of warnings and pre-emptive advice, and he's managed it. Maybe he has opposable thumbs after all? 😄

1 hour ago, Alfred said:

... Also, have to sort out the Ziptieing of cables now I know it works.

Just remember @Alfred - it is against the rules to ziptie those cables without Quality RP first. We'll need video evidence, okay? 😉

SALV
Posted (edited)

Nice, Almost the same build as mine. Are you planning on OC the CPU?

Edited by S A L V

Alfred

@S A L V, The motherboard I have can autotune my CPU.  I will also have to teach myself how to OC better, I have no clue at the moment.

PAR Adrian

Its better not to mess with oc if you dont know what you are doing...you can grill stuff and its not covered by warranty

Albiston

I ran a oc on my cpu for half a year until just recently. I kept getting blue screened and eventually my pc wouldn’t turn on. It turned out after many attempts to get it to turn back on and a hard reboot that managed to get me to the bios that my oc settings corrupted so be careful when ocing. 

Ballantin

OC without outstanding cooling and knowing what you are doing don't pay off in the long term. You may be damaging your hardware or reducing its durability.

That said, moderate OC can be done without much harm, but you will not get that much of a gain and you still need to be careful. Does not worth the effort imo.