What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

What do you do for a living?

CaptainScrumpy

As I like to talk to people and get to know them outside the server what do you do for a living? I'll start to break the ice! I am a Maritime officer in training this means I still go to school 6 years to go for me sadly on my study I learn things such as course plotting but i also learn things such how to adjust rockerarm fuel air clearance I hope to be a captain within 10 years or something takes a long time. I also work at Plaswijck park in rotterdam and i work at Domino's in berkel en rodenrijs because school trips cost me alot of money due to that we have to steer a really expensive ship and all I'd like to hear what you guys do for a living

Photographer/Videographer, Designer, produce live pro-wrestling shows. In short, "media" 😛

Formerly: 
Soldier
Security Operator
Bar Manager

Plant and Powered Access mechanic. Basically test and repair excavators, boom lifts and scissor lift and make sure there safe for people on site to operate and use, and also go to the site when they break the machines. still in my apprenticeship got two years to go.

Well let's see...

I torture children for a living (highschool history teacher), I game way too much and I bake as a hobby. Basically bake different things every weekend and give it to my family.
Ah well well i guess you do the same thing here 😂

Plant and Powered Access mechanic. Basically test and repair excavators, boom lifts and scissor lift and make sure there safe for people on site to operate and use, and also go to the site when they break the machines. still in my apprenticeship got two years to go.
Ah i see your a man of electrical turbines aswell! 

Photographer/Videographer, Designer, produce live pro-wrestling shows. In short, "media" 😛

Formerly: 
Soldier
Security Operator
Bar Manager
You could say it as CHIEF COMMANDER BAR OPERATIONS

Never worked on electrical turbines. Mainly diesel stuff me. Except the odd electrical scissor lift or bio fuel cherry picker 

I work at customer service of a big healthcare insurance company in the Netherlands 😃 I look up what is covered and what isn't, explain where to file certain documents, which therapists are the best and talk about their bills, extend paydates, schedule any late payments etc.

Sounds boring, but its a nice job, the healthcare and its insurance are complicated systems and far from everyone understands these important matters. So its nice to be able to explain it and answer their questions, sort issues etc. =).

I work at customer service of a big healthcare insurance company in the Netherlands 😃 I look up what is covered and what isn't, explain where to file certain documents, which therapists are the best and talk about their bills, extend paydates, schedule any late payments etc.

Sounds boring, but its a nice job, the healthcare and its insurance are complicated systems and far from everyone understands these important matters. So its nice to be able to explain it and answer their questions, sort issues etc. =).
Pff everything better than cleaning a dredge tank believe me but yeah that sounds nice 

I work in the offshore oil and gas industry, I’m an integrity and inspection engineer, working mainly on unmanned natural gas gathering installations. I live in a hotel for two weeks at a time and get flown out each morning to a platform, climb about inspect various things, could be pressure systems, structural components or rotating equipment. 

Heres a couple of pictures from my travels...9A34ECB1-85D0-4497-8DAF-DFAC28DF67FB.jpeg6B6AFFF0-170B-4E96-8177-3C633B4520D2.jpeg

Apprentice IT Engineer... Primarily remote support to end users however I do get into some more technical mumbojumbo too..

Give me a shout if your Outlook starts being a bitch 😉

currently fulltime dad due to health conditions 

but previous worked security on nightclubs and events and before that i worked as a studio engineer

also do the odd computer related stuff from time to time 

2nd Line Tech Support for an ISP is what I currently roll as. Although I've recently moved over to the Case Management Team, my ISP's version of 3rd Line Tech basically. If your wifi is being a pain in the backside I'm your man 😛

Student, hopefully graduating in a few months in Theoretical physics, then onto a masters in nuclear fusion

I'm a student,  thinking to join the Civil Protection soon, and possibly Gendarmerie/Military police in the future

My hobby is oriented around emergency services, so I take pictures and videos of them 😄 

where is Fergus and his ATC Tower at? 🤔

Still only a student sadly, but start of summer I'll be the guy throwing yer baggage around at the airport and plan to do so for a couple of years.

Why do you think they hired me as staff? I have years of experience in torturing people 😉
and free cakes!

-------------------------

I'm currently working as a Technical Consultant (IT) doing support and development. I also do some freelance web development on the side. 

Currently training for an OSCP qualification in Ethical Hacking so that I can transfer into Cyber Security and Whitehat stuff. Hoping to be doing this by the time I reach 23 years old.

Previously : 

CEO of a small web development company

System Administrator for a large HR company

Information Security Officer

Digital Marketer & Web Developer

Last edited by a moderator:
Back