What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Sleeping Gas

Wayfarer

Investor
Investor
Lifetime Donator
This is a look at why partial  insomnia and Arma 3 scripting is not a good idea!  Behold, the sleeping gas grenade! AKA the sleepy time enforcer (the name is still a work in progress)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=1&v=5KHnTcFfbRE

I'm kind of proud of the monster I created, so I thought I would show it off. Its a pretty simple concept, anyone unfortunate enough to be caught in the range is forced to the ground, and unable to move until the smoke grenade is used up. At the same time it darkens the screen like their eyelids are closing, and they are very sleepy (how cute!)

Possibly something for NCA's gear to apprehend criminals doing drugs in an easier way 

Nope. Nope. Nope

Teargas is already being abused well enough, dont create more shitsmokes please

I wouldn't be 100% sure how happy people would be to suddenly all being put to sleep whilst processing their weed. Although the idea makes me chuckle. 

Nope. Nope. Nope

Teargas is already being abused well enough, dont create more shitsmokes please
Being abused or being used correctly and it’s harder for rebels when affected by it?

Being abused or being used correctly and it’s harder for rebels when affected by it?
I have no issue with it being thrown during combat or whenever there is a decent reason to use it. My issue is when it's being randomly thrown around as a "joke" while people are talking.

I have no issue with it being thrown during combat or whenever there is a decent reason to use it. My issue is when it's being randomly thrown around as a "joke" while people are talking.
What does teargas even do to you

Looks pretty good, should have a 3-4 second delay whilst the smoke "pops" before people fall asleep.

Is there a few guides or tutorials out there for scripting for ARMA that you know about, I keep meaning to get started with it.

Thats a good idea for me to try and implement bud, thanks for that. 

As for tutorial guides. I'm actually not 100% of any good ones I could recommend. However....

There is absolute loads and loads of information on Arma scripting out there. I'm sure there are good guilds out there to help. My recommendation, if you have an idea on what you would like to create, just go ahead and research if there's possibly a way to do it  

another good thing to do is look at this https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Category:Scripting_Commands_Arma_3 it has a bunch of the scripting commands you can use in the editor. 

Back