What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Resource Efficiency (WIP!)

I've been working on a spreadsheet designed to calculate what the most efficient resource to collect is. This was spawned by many discussions with different people saying different resources are the best to collect, so I figured I would do my own little tests to find out which is the best.

Rough methodology:

• Efficiency is calculated by the amount of money earned divided by the amount of time spent travelling.
  • Time spent processing is too variable and decreases as you do more runs, so I did not factor resource gathering/processing times into the amount of time it takes to do a run. This is because I want the baseline efficiency rather than with anything on top. I want to know what's the most efficient for someone with level 0 in anything as naturally it would be more worthwhile to level up diamonds than salt if diamonds are more efficient. This also means that diamonds were done without the two perks!
  • One full HEMTT was used to calculate the amount you earn from each run. The HEMTT Box is the most popular choice for hauling resources, so it made sense. The results should still be the same for other forms of transport, just the amount earned per second will be lower but whatever is number one will stay number one and so on.
  • I split the journey into three legs. Leg one is from the airport (a relatively central spawn and the most popular one for me and my friends) to the resource. Leg two is from the resource to the processor. Leg three is from the processor to the salesman.
  • The time spent travelling is recorded in minutes and seconds, then converted into just seconds for the sake of the final division.
  • I intend to do each run multiple times in order to gain a decent average for each.
  • The final result is listed as amount earned per second (of travel).
This does differ to Creebles' tool as Creebles' tool calculates how much you earn from each run total and how many runs it takes to reach a set amount of money. This sheet aims to calculate the sheer efficiency of a run. This means that although the highest-paying run may be Uranium, for example, it may not be the most efficient as it make take three times longer than something which gives you half as much money. The second option would therefore end up paying out more money in a set timeframe.

There's probably some flaws in my methodology, but I'm not a mathematician. This was just intended for me and my friends but I figure some of you guys might get a kick out of it. I've only done diamonds and salt so far!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1DTPDiGXVsyKxjXztYyiGIsYNWbagIEXcc17aw_x5dys/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited by a moderator:
fuck yours is cooler

It's like when you get OG scientists doing manual calculations then someone comes along with a computer god damn

Acording to that doc it states that the tool is broken? So maybe spongebob's might be useful!

Nvm I can't read

Last edited by a moderator:
Just realised that Creebles' guide doesn't display how long each run takes. Rather than just displaying how much you earn from each run and how many runs it'll take to earn a set amount of money, mine is showing which run works out to give you the most money in the least amount of time.

Back