What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Random jumps in latency

jase

so this problem turned up out of the blue again , my ping goes from a normal average ping let's say 17ms   to something like 541ms for a few seconds then it returns to normal , safe to say it has been cucking me big time . 

i have already:

disabled the peer2peer updates from windows 

tried problem solver

changed ip

Said problem : https://gyazo.com/05ece005aff4d72dfb8dccaffded0e3a

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I think I am getting your problem wrong here. Is the random increase in ping that's the big issue, or your latency? Since more ping is caused by your internet speed and latency is caused by your processor(s). (Just to make things clear)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, I think I am getting your problem wrong here. Is the random increase in ping that's the big issue, or your latency? Since more ping is caused by your internet speed and latency is caused by your processor(s). (Just to make things clear)
It's the random increase in ping.

It's the random increase in ping.
Sadly, connection is not my first expertise but I had this problem 4 years a go (just not as bad). It sounds like you're experiencing jitter in your connection .

I'll tell you some solutions I know that might help you and the one that helped.

- If you are using a wireless connection. Look if you can hook your PC directly to your router using an Ethernet cable. A very simple thing to do but it makes so much difference. Trust me.

- If you already connected your PC to internet with an Ethernet cable. Buying a more powerful router can do the job too. This is what solved the jitter problem for me and increased my ping with 10ms as an added bonus. 

- If all else fails. There are multiple software that do some magic in terms of connection. Decreasing jitter. The only one I know of is Haste.

This is all I could think of. I sincerely hope that any of these possible solutions will help 🙂

Back