What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Handy/Convenient tips for newer players

Just a thread to post any little tips you have for people who are new or new-ish to the game. I'm talking anything from full-out newly-joined hobo to about a month of playtime. There's a few things I learnt the hard way or just things that took me a longer than expected amount of time to figure out, so I figure a thread for new players who don't know the nuances of the gamemode would be useful.

• The Rebel Outpost is better than the Blackmarket Dealer for guns. The BMD only goes up to 6.5MM firearms last I checked, while there are some 7.62MM DMRs and appropriate scopes for sale at the Rebel Outpost along with the guns sold at the BMD.
  • Diamonds may look good on paper, but the risk of being attacked/mugged is infinitely higher than other resource runs - high risk, high reward.
  • Certain (?) illegal resources sell for less money when there are below five (??) police online. Make sure there's above five police online before doing illegal runs in order to be safe and maximise your profit.
  • A pistol is not really going to do much against someone well-equipped who is mugging you.
  • There actually are speed limits, though you probably wouldn't guess it based on how little they are actually enforced.
  • If you're nice to police and co-operate, you're probably going to get off easier.
  • Make sure you aren't set to side chat/global chat when you're drawing on the map. Made that mistake by accident a few times...
  • Aluminium is a pretty solid first run to do, but apples are good for grinding up to prestige levels.
  • You can only have a maximum of 18 skill points at a time. You can't level up skill points beyond level 18.
  • Salt is good for levelling up skill points.
Some of this shit may seem obvious, but it really wasn't as a new player!

As obvious as it may seem now, many new people struggle with these things in the beginning

As obvious as it may seem now, many new people struggle with these things in the beginning
Exactly! It's common sense as you get to grips with the server, but it takes time to find these things out for yourself so may as well try and speed the process up for people.

A nice extra tip is to make some friends with one or two people be it in the police, in Poseidon or in a known rebel gang. If your nice to them, a lot will be nice back and assist you on runs(protect you), hand out free money to ya, or be yer get away card if you land in trouble with anyone(send them a message if you are about to get pulled over by cops because you doing drugs/about to get robbed)

The police are common sense. Had multiple occasions where I've been stopped by them, with a friend. Once we'd both got illegal drugs, MX's and driving with an Ifrit on the road (we forgot about the drugs). He was argumentative, and was stripped of everything illegal and sent to jail. I was cooperative, they took my drugs, but let me keep my Ifrit and MX. Just a little proof that if you're nice, they can be extremely nice people

Back