What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Extreme Lag/Frame Drops When Streaming

Stick3rz

So since  i have come back to streaming  i have been experiencing extreme fps drops within OBS and SLOBS the 2 streaming software i am very familiar with and use as well as slight fps drops within the actual game. I understand there will be slight drops for me actually playing the game, but it is completely unwatchable on stream and some how also makes my webcam etc lag within the software too. 

I have mainly been trying to stream and fix this issue around PUBG, understandably not best worlds best optimised game but i am usually able to run it fine without streaming and still manage too keep 50/60 frames (Always with V-Sync) while streaming. But i have also been experiencing this lag with Siege, and CS when i try and stream them. 

All my Hardware:

• CPU > Intel I5-4690k 3.5/3.9 Ghz
  • GPU >  MSI Gefore GTX 970 4GB
  • PSU > 500W Corsair
  • RAM > 8GB 1333 Mhz
  • Gigabyte GA-Z97X-Game Plus
  • HDD > 2TB Seagate
  • SDD > 250GB WD Blue M.2 (Games/OBS Etc runs off of this)
  • Webcam > Creative Live Cam Chat 720p (Just in case)
Stream Settings:

• Base Res 1920x1080 - Downscale 1280x720
  • Downscale Filter Bicubic Sharpened scailing, 16 samples
  • Bitrate 3500
  • Encoder Software x264 (Using my GPU to render usually makes my game fps worse)
  • FPS 30/60 (This never changes anything i still get extreme drops no matter what im on)
  • Profile Main
  • Process Priority Normal
  • CPU Preset VeryFast
My ISP is Virgin Media and i get 150GB Download 11 GB Upload on average and keep my bitrate in OBS around 3500

I have looked far and wide on forums and YouTube videos but none of the countless "OBS FPS Drop Fix 2018 *UPDATED*!!!! " videos i have watched have helped at all as they basically say the same thing about bit rates etc. 

Any advice or things for me to try would be great, i really don't wanna have to put it down to build a new PC because im sure my current PC is not impossible to stream on. 

Thanks 🙂

P.S: Anyone who knows anyone good at graphic design or is good themselves i could use a little help with a twitch emote and sub badges. 

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you encoding with? 

If you are encoding on your CPU that is going to absolutely obliterate Armas performance (Arma being 99% CPU based). No offence, but the mediocre specs might not help much. Try encoding on NVENC see if that helps at all, should pull stress off of your CPU.

If not then you could be screwed.

What are you encoding with? 

If you are encoding on your CPU that is going to absolutely obliterate Armas performance (Arma being 99% CPU based). No offence, but the mediocre specs might not help much. Try encoding on NVENC see if that helps at all, should pull stress off of your CPU.

If not then you could be screwed.
I dont understand what you mean by mediocre specs, but i will try again with NVENC and see if it helps, thanks.

Back