What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Un-ban Appeal - Alfred - 02/08/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alfred

That sounds like a you problem, not a me problem.
Lifetime Donator
In-game Name
Alfred

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
02/08/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Aiden

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was in TS speaking to the people in my channel about a property that is very unique on the island. Whilst we were talking about it we flew over to Kavala and sold some modern art. After selling the modern art I flew off to the property to go and have a look at it. I left the other two individuals where they were as they were pissing about.
I landed at the property and stored my vehicle and started having a look about the property. All of the same time i was still chatting about it and how good it was.
Without really thinking i had a look at where the other two were and the just teleported them straight to me. I would like to highlight that the other two had not asked to be teleported and i did it off my own back.

What i did was a clear break of rule 16.6 Staff may not teleport, spawn in items/money in order to help a player in any shape or form. (Unless there is a just reason).
This was seen as an abuse of my staff powers to the benefit of those two faction members. I had a helicopter, and in hindsight I could have, and should have simply picked those two members up in my helicopter.
When questioned on the subject by Staff leads, he found my justification unsatisfactory and on that basis issued me with the ban in question. I was made aware that one of the members in question was streaming at the time. While I would normally be aware of this, it had not crossed my mind before taking my actions. I feel that this increases the severity of my infraction as my abuse of the teleport feature was publicised openly.

Why should we unban you ?
I am a very active member of the community, both as a staff member and faction leader. I dedicate a significant number of hours daily to the benefit of our server and very rarely decide to take breaks. I feel that this level of consistent dedication has ultimately worn me down and the standards to which I hold myself have been allowed to slip.

As such I feel like being banned has given me a measure of perspective on that. I feel as though a weight has been lifted and I have come to appreciate that taking a break regularly will help me. Both to keep a level head and to maintain a fresh outlook on server activity. I have noticed recently that at times I have become irritable at smaller inconveniences related to my staff team work.
I think maintaining this outlook in the future will help me to remain focused on the task at hand and prevent future mistakes such as the one I have just made. I do not excuse the actions I have taken. It was a stupid mistake and I have been deservedly punished for it.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
Due to the nature of this ban, this will be left for Staff Leads / Management to deal with

It was a real shame to find you in this predicament Alfred, your time and dedication towards the staff team has been brilliant and it's a real shame it had to happen like this.

So what was the main driver behind this? Being a little complacent and over confident in your staff position maybe?

I would not say that I had much forethought behind my actions, or that I had any malicious intent. At the end of the day, I hold my hands up to what was a very straightforward mistake.
That said, I will say that my actions were not spur of the moment, I knew what I wanted to do and I checked that I would not be interrupting or disturbing any ongoing roleplay when I teleported the individuals to me. Once that I saw they we just pissing about, I took them. The initial thoughts I did have upon teleporting them was to return them to where I had got them from. However I was not able to do that for obvious reasons, and as such we will never be able to verify whether or not that was my intent.

If I consider the rule that I have broken, and examine my thought process at the time, I would say that I did not consider that my actions gave them an in game advantage or afforded them any help. Hindsight is a wonderful thing and now I can appreciate that while there is no obvious advantage gained, I could have just flown them to me to achieve the same result.

When I applied to the staff team, one of my points involved a story about how laziness affected myself and others and how the results of that could influence myself and others. Though I would not consider this as exactly the same situation, it has reminded me that i was stretching myself thin across my responsibilities here and i should of made more of a work/life balance between personal life, faction responsibilities and staff work.
Though I do not have the answer to this problem, I feel like I have taken the first step and identified that it is a problem. This allows me to plan ahead and make considerations so that this never happens again. I have realised that I do not have to be the most active Faction lead, I do not need to be such an active staff member. A balance needs to be made and as you have said it is just unfortunate that I had to learn this lesson the hard way.

Now, having said all this I would like to say that I am very pleased with my dedication to the server, the staff team I feel that I have made difference in this community to at least a few people and consider myself to have been lucky enough to be where I was.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can't honestly say you don't know the rules, I can't honestly say you're a re-offence risk and thus I see no reason to leave you banned.

Don't let us down and I hope this is a lesson learned.

Unabnned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back