What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - CST Gooba - 09/08/18 (Unbanned)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gooba

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
In-game Name
Gooba

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
09/08/18

Member of the team that banned you.
Roberts

Reason given for your ban.

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for asking a hobo with a gun if he wanted to rob people.
To break this down, we are on Kavala bridge and messing around with a hobo in zip ties. Someone drops him off the bridge and as they do he becomes un ziptied. A Rebel there gives the hobo a Rook and says let go and rob people. We run around the corner and notice people talking, I ask the hobo to go and rob this other hobo, he gives minimal RP and then just shoots him in the face (RDM). I and the others there tell him, "No man that's not how you do it", "no that's bad", there were a few swear words thrown around after what he did. But from that point, I say "let's go and rob someone else follow me" or something along those lines. As he is following me, he starts firing at an oncoming vehicle. It was my intention to bring him to the garage, get him in a car and instruct him on what he had done wrong as I can't tell him easily while there are people around. I was going to get him in the car and break down what he should do next time to avoid breaking the rules.

At which point an admin zip ties me and moves me and the RDM'r away.
Then I and the staff member have a chat about what I had done wrong and he explained to me that I had broken rule 1.8. At first, I didn't understand and was a bit confused about how I had actually broken that rule but after a while, the admin was patient and told me how what I had done was wrong.
apologies Roberts for wasting your time 😞

Why should we unban you ?

I feel I should be unbanned because this was my first offence during my time here on RPUK, I never intended to break a rule and honestly didn't know that what I was doing was against the rules, during the chat with the admin I understood how my actions on the server were a direct rule break of 1.8 and I Apologise greatly for that. During the start of my chat with the admin I wasn't easy to deal with as I was not quite understanding how what I had done was a rule break but as he took the time to explain it to me I understood. I just want to say Thank you to Roberts as he was patient and didn't just ban me without me understanding what I had done wrong. He dealt with the situation amazingly and I just wanted to say sorry.
My time on RPUK has been lengthy and most of my Time spent in the NHS I believe. Usually, when I am on as Civ I roleplay in Kavala, airport, major cities etc. I don't normally adopt the rebel life although I have been known to go there every now and then. TinyBigJacko put it perfectly in that I may not be as fluent on the rules as a rebel compared to the NHS. I'm used to following the NHS rules as I am a CST in the NHS so that switch from NHS to Rebel is large and maybe I wasn't ready to take on that line of roleplay
I had a chat with Roberts just before I was banned and explained that I understood what I had done wrong and that this will never happen again due to him taking the time to explain it to me. I was hoping that my time on RPUK and my up until now clear record will help reflect that I do my best to obey the rules and do what I can to provide quality roleplay in every situation.
If you decide to unban me I think that I will stick to the NHS a bit more as that is where my heart is and I understand the rules from that side of roleplay and if I do decide to play rebel, I will take the time to re-read the rules and make sure that something like this doesn't happen again.
To Summerise, I understand what I had done was wrong and should have listened to the admin as soon as he pulled me, as he would not have pulled me for no reason. I can say for sure that this will never happen again and was not my intention to break rules tonight.
Thank you.
-Gooba

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

Last edited by a moderator:
We run around the corner and notice people talking, I ask the hobo to go and rob this other hobo, he gives minimal RP and then just shoots him in the face (RDM).
Let's be honest here, when you walked up the new guy you specifcally turned around and said "shoot him, shoot that guy in the red".  This was overheard by multiple admins who were spectating the situation at the time.

Secondly, within your appeal you constantly say you just had "a chat" with roberts and state that you "weren't easy to deal with" at the start.  Again, let's be honest here.  You were incredibly hostile and aruged back constantly claiming that "you hadn't broken any rules" for around 20 minutes.  Once roberts started to lose patience with you, you then started trying to get out of it by using the old "I've been on the server for ages etc" argument.  You even told him that the rule in question (1.8) doesn't even exist and demanded he went and found it to "prove" it.

So honestly, if this is your real attitude, as a CST no less, why sould we even bother to consider unbanning you at all?

I have to admit that my attitude wasn't the best when I was talking to Roberts, I put that down to lack of sleep and poor judgement, if anyone knows me they know that I'm not normally like that. All I can do is apologise and say that I can promise that it will never happen again. Regarding rule 1.8 I was not familiar with the rule in question so I asked him to find it for me so I could read it and make a note of it. I was not trying to challenge his ability as an admin just wanted to make a note for myself. 

Regarding what I Said to the to "L33T" (the one I asked Rob, someone), I never told him to "Shoot Him, Shoot that guy in the red" it was "Rob the guy in the white and red shots, rob this guy here" and then when the victim ran, myself and a few others there said "Get him, bro, Get him". Video Provided from the encounter, Provided from my friends POV as my Shadowplay was not enabled (Keeps messing up, not sure why it keeps turning off)
After L33T RDM'd that person, myself and my friend told L33T that what he had done was bad. 

To answer your last sentence, All I can say is that isn't really me, I am not normally like that, I feel you should consider to unban me as this was a one time lapse in judgement, I have never encountered an admin situation like this before and could have handled it 100% better I know that now. I can guarantee that something like this will never happen again as I learn from my mistakes and with this encounter in mind, I hope I am able to provide roleplay on the server again not only as an NHS medic but as a civilian in Kavala like I normally do. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjUMdW9V5hg&feature=youtu.be

Footnote: If possible I would like the ability to apologise to Roberts formally as he doesn't come on the server at the early hours of the morning to get an attitude like that from anyone. 

Thanks 
- Gooba

We were  certainly expecting more from you. 
In the future when staff are talking to you ingame or in teamspeak you should know better. 
Don't let it happen again.

UNBANNED

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back