What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Pc upgrade

I think Arma is more CPU focused so an upgrade to the CPU would be a good idea as well. I would definitely upgrade that card tho not just for better graphics and stuff in other games but to have a modern card that wont need to be upgraded for awhile. I just upgraded from a i7-4770k to an i5-8600k and my FPS is better, its also a 4 generations upgrade so was needed imo. I also have a 1070 and i get good FPS even in populated areas.

I have a I5 - 4690k overclocked @ 4.5ghz, 16gb of ram, SSD and a 960 2gb

if I upgrade 2 a 1070 ti 8gb will I see an increase in FPS?
I mean server wise maybe a little but not much, I run a 1060 6gb with an i5 7600k and only get about 40 on the server. its due to all the scripts but will definetly increase it

Arma 3 is laggy anyways. They need to fix it *hint hint Bohemia*

Tbh arma is a cpu game. It's badly optimised with the ram as it only uses 2 or 3 gb of ram instead of using more ram less cpu and more gpu and cpu would get more fps if it was better optimised (obviously)

I've got a pretty nice rig. (i7-8700, 1080ti, 16gb ram) and unless you are really struggling with the FPS there isn't really any point. Arma is stuck at a lower FPS range 😓

Back