What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

My little rule of engagement Question.

Should it be RDM to Open fire on someone who's Clearly threaten YOUR LIFE within RP reason?

• Total voters

Surrealz

Okay, so I've read the rules and had a few encounters of "Mugging/Robbing" Poorly RP'ed,  sadly only on the receiving end...

My question, knowing that I probably won't get a straight answer from the staff's for fear of making the RP standardized, Is the following.

If after the initial contact and initiation by the mugger's part, I decide to RP me running to safety and taking my weapon out, IF my life has been threaten CLEARLY, (EI: Do not pull a gun or we WILL kill you.) If I've successfully run into cover. Am I "Clear/Within RP enough Reason" If they don't comply to leave after I've provided proper RP Like (Look man I am not  giving you my money or my Life, So leave because I don't want to have your death on my conscience! Please Leave! If after all this he doesn't Leave me alone, Am I Clear To open fire if they do not leave?

I do understand that no clear answer will be given from Staff, but from multiple people into your community this question needs to be answered as "Black & White" as possible

Last edited by a moderator:
Now without having staff rank my view on this is that. To keep good roleplay and make sure every scenario has good enough roleplay from all parties, you may first shoot back on a target that has initiated on your life when you provide ROLEPLAY back to them. Running away behind a wall after being threaten and then shot is not good RP. 

So in a scenario you get initated on that if you don't do X you will be shot (Obviesly not that sentence but something that can translate to same mening). Then you must give some sort of roleplay back to the robbing party before you may pull out your firearm and shot them. Could be something a long the lines of "I refuse to surrender i have worked hard for these diamonds and i wont to get the money for selling them so i can feed my family" (while running in to cover) and then a sort of counter initation stating you will fire back if they don't leave you alone. 

Resulting in you talking wiht the person that robs you and make it a roleplay situation and not just a hands up or die situation.

So in a scenario you get initated on that if you don't do X you will be shot (Obviesly not that sentence but something that can translate to same mening). Then you must give some sort of roleplay back to the robbing party before you may pull out your firearm and shot them. Could be something a long the lines of "I refuse to surrender i have worked hard for these diamonds and i wont to get the money for selling them so i can feed my family" (while running in to cover) and then a sort of counter initation stating you will fire back if they don't leave you alone.

I Totally Agree, It is what I mean by "Clear/Within RP reason's".  After I've done an RP and they still won't back off, I feel like I should be clear to fire and kill them, or else they will kill me.

"initiation" is one of the biggest gray zones and maybe thats for the better, personaly i agree with alot of what @Andreas Lykke said like:

Running away behind a wall after being threaten and then shot is not good RP.
you must give some sort of roleplay back to the robbing party before you may pull out your firearm and shot them.

Back