What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Monitors

snipernoob

Banned
I’m planning on getting a new gtx 1050ti and I was wondering what monitor people recommend that I get. I don’t know much about this subject so I was wondering if anyone had any good monitors that they know of or just some recommendations as to what I should be looking for. 

Dont know if this affects it but I have an i5 7500 with 8gb ddr4 2400 ram

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a Acer Predator 27" xb271hu, but that might be a little overkill depending on budget.

So personally I'd just grab a 144hz monitor with either 24" or 27" as they are often very nice.

Get a 144hz 1080p at least, if you have a good computer you dont want to skimp out on the monitor. IPS panels are a bit more pricy but the best imo. Its a big difference going from a 60hz panel to 144hz, and i strongly recommend it 😛 asus, acer and benq usually got some decent quality and priced 144hz tn panel monitors if you just search around 🙂

All depends on budget. I have a 27" ASUS ROG monitor with G Sync and supports something like 150 or 160hz.

I would say 27" is about the ideal size for a gaming monitor. Doesn't take up too much desk space, easy to see the whole screen comfortably, but big enough to be useful. It is 1440p resolution. You COULD buy a 4k monitor, however unless you have serious graphics power to back you up, then that is no use to you.

Similarly, 144hz is ideal, and looks silky smooth, however unless you are regularly achieving 144 FPS in game, then actually you will never utilise this. If you are only getting 60 FPS then actually 60hz would be all you 'need'. 

If your graphics card supports Gync, then I would suggest getting a Gsync monitor if you can afford it.

The Benq monitors, I have heard good things about as a good value budget monitor.

Back