What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

New HeadSet & Microphone suggestions

MoonWolf

So as of recently my Razer Kraken 7.1 V2 Broke on me and i am in the look for a new headset.

Now i have decided this time i will be investing in a separate mic, meaning i won't be looking for a headset that provide both great sound quality and decent mic quality.

For a microphone i have decided to buy the Blue Yeti Blackout Edition, Now for this one i am looking for a stand too ( as i was made aware from both research and asking around that without one ill be facing trouble's with my keyboard overlaping my voice, so whenever i type, or use any of my key's it will be affecting the sound greatly).

My question here is If anybody has an expierence with owning a Blue Yeti microphone and setting it up , if so what stand should i be looking for?(and as a side note if i should be looking for a pop filter too).

Aswell as any recommendation's for a said headset that has good sound quality, sorround sound (Which i use for everygame i play pretty much) and last but not least with a budget of a 150 GBP ( Now this might be priced differently where i am buying it from, so if you have something in mind that might over price it a little ill be still more then happy to consider it).

Just make sure its a dynamic microphone and has a cardioid polar pattern and the keyboard interference etc shouldn't be to much of an issue. 

Hyper X Cloud II
I would also recommend the Hyper X Cloud II. The only con personally was i could hear myself speak when using them  (leather ear cups) however you also get a pair of sponge ear cups in the box so I changed them over and had no problems at all. The  mic is also detachable if you want to use a stand alone Mic 

I love my steelseries artic 5’s really comfy and good sound quality 

HyperX Cloud II with a blue yeti would be the perfect mix.

I have the HyperX Cloud II and i can tell you the mic quality is not the best.

Razer... thats your first mistake.
Totaly. learned that the hard way.

HyperX Cloud II with a blue yeti would be the perfect mix.

I have the HyperX Cloud II and i can tell you the mic quality is not the best.
Have bought the Hyperx Cloud Revolver S

I love my steelseries artic 5’s really comfy and good sound quality 
I had the Artic 5's before and even though they were brand new they didn't work proparley. so i got sort of a bad impression with steelseries stuff since then;) did bought the Hyper X Cloud revolver S and i am very pleased with them! Thanks for the suggestion though!

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd generally say go for anything logitech, the £80 G pro is pretty good value as it doesn't do the whole showy thing that any other gaming product seems to do. I've also heard nothing but good things about the Astro headset. I really like Logitech products personally, however you can't really argue with thousands of reviews that highly rate all the above mentioned products. 

It's a shame that the internet has killed the physical shop, it would be great if you could try the products on as it is a really personal preference and a headset one person might find comfortable, might not be one that you do too.

Back