What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

i7 8700k vs i7 8086k

NotStrix

im looking to upgrade from AMD FX8350 > i7 8700k/i7 8086k ...i will of course be buying a new board and ram , and i plan on using my existing 1060 gpu ... everything else will stay the same ... the question is do i get a i7 8700k or i7 8086k ... the latter being newer etc and apparently better ...and i can get it at the same price ... all signs point to the 8086k ... does anyone disagree??? and if so why?

Both have 6 cores, both have 12 threads. Similar price, give or take a few quid. Similar clock rates. Even so, I'd say get the newer CPU in my opinion, which is the 8700k. 

Are you using Windows 7? Just bare in mind most mobo's for these architechtures are dropping support for the mobo's coming out now. So you might have big issues with drivers if you don't use Windows 10. 

Both have 6 cores, both have 12 threads. Similar price, give or take a few quid. Similar clock rates. Even so, I'd say get the newer CPU in my opinion, which is the 8700k. 

Are you using Windows 7? Just bare in mind most mobo's for these architechtures are dropping support for the mobo's coming out now. So you might have big issues with drivers if you don't use Windows 10. 
The i7 8086k is the newer of the two ... and I’m windows 10 pro 

I’m thinking with gigabyte z370 aorus gaming 7 mb and 2x hyperx predator 8gb 3600mhz ram ? That should work right ? 
Lol thats the motherboard I just got. Should be fine. This is what I got: https://www.scan.co.uk/products/16gb-(4x4gb)-corsair-ddr4-vengeance-lpx-black-pc4-19200-(2400)-non-ecc-unbuffered-cas-16-16-16-39-xm

My motherboard is MSI though https://www.scan.co.uk/products/msi-z370-a-pro-intel-z370-s-1151-ddr4-sata3-m2-2-way-crossfire-realtek-lan-usb-31-gen1-a-atx

As long as the RAM is DDR4 should be ok

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not the same board tho lol , why use 4 channels for ran instead of using 2 ? 

That’s not the same board tho lol , why use 4 channels for ran instead of using 2 ? 
Same series though. Honestly didn't give it much thought. 

Actually ignore me. I've not given this much thought I'm too tired lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people might think I’m being daft to ask these questions but it’s a lot of money to spend and still not be satisfied, and the truth is there’s no better information about arma / hardware stuff than the guys here . 

Some people might think I’m being daft to ask these questions but it’s a lot of money to spend and still not be satisfied, and the truth is there’s no better information about arma / hardware stuff than the guys here . 
I get it man. I really shouldn't be trying to give tech advice at 2am though I end up looking at things wrong lol

Back