What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Annual Police and Poseidon Meetup

Meeloo

MelonOverlordOfJustice
What if I told you something interesting... What if the police and Poseidon can get along? It's not hard to imagine when @ACC Reminissions is on the scene as he did a wonderful job during what started out as a different situation... Thanks to our amazing ACC Remi, it turned into a rare moment where we could walk around the base and talk with one another peacefully. I was shown around the base and also learned that some Poseidon have some real digestive problems... Other than that we had a wonderful dentist on the scene as well who removed one of my fellow officers remaining wisdom teeth with was rather.. Disturbing.. But otherwise he could speak perfectly right after! 

Unfortunately I can not name everyone one by one as there were a lot of people on the scene at the time. So I hope the pictures will suffice! I'd like to thank everyone who was at the Poseidon base and hope to do this again sometime!

Maybe maybe some of the stuff will be in the next video 👀

b1f5cfec50ebc6df3ff6099a1ae61dd1.jpg

34d39e4260a672aa3d388c3913934f39.jpg

Much love everyone! ❤️

I am glad you and everyone else enjoyed yourself, was nice to take a bad situation and stop it becoming worse. Some times you just have to chill talk and have a laugh, we got our lads out alive, everyone had fun. ❤️ well done everyone exemplary behaviour shown by both sides.

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha yeah its was a rare one but fun to get along for once. It was tense at first but we all eased up.  Good Night. 🙂 

Top 10 Anime Crossovers.

Realtalk though it was beautiful to just have a get-together with the cops and share some genuinely awesome moments together.

I hope we get to do this more rather than shooting eachother every chance we get

*flashbacks to UNMC times* ... this can’t be good for rebels! Get ready for Poseidon to start asking for 10 mil otherwise your the enemy! FUCK!!!

Waduhek! There a drug cartel! Fish gang have the police in the parm of there hand... 

@MrLongSlong - Hardly, simply coming to a peaceful resolution to a hostage situation that resulted in no loss of life, and everyone chilling out a little bit, you know....that stuff that doesn't involve bullets 😉 lol

@MrLongSlong - Hardly, simply coming to a peaceful resolution to a hostage situation that resulted in no loss of life, and everyone chilling out a little bit, you know....that stuff that doesn't involve bullets 😉 lol
That so, advertising that you are lobbying with known Drug lords probably isn't the best image for a "Police Service".

@MrLongSlong - I am advertising that a peaceful solution can be found. They had two of our lads, rather than risking further loss to life I choose to talk and actually roleplay rather that bullet play. Advertising that I am lobbying with them?, I don't think you've quiet understood the situation.

@MrLongSlong - I am advertising that a peaceful solution can be found. They had two of our lads, rather than risking further loss to life I choose to talk and actually roleplay rather that bullet play. Advertising that I am lobbying with them?, I don't think you've quiet understood the situation.
So instead of enforcing the law, you take a cheeky selfie with the hostage takers after they let go two of your men? By no means am I saying you should have used bullets to free them, but sharing images of you and them getting along doesn't seem like efficient Policing to me.

Enforcing the law lets take a quick look at that shall we?

1) Hostages were retrieved safely and unharmed. 

2) We managed to speak about current on goings and hopefully protect more cops and civs in the future.

3) We came to a resolution that promoted stronger role play and sense of community.

4) We enforced as much of the law as we could safely, please not no weapons were drawn till pictures were asked for.

5) We made a tactical decision based on the number of officers available at the time that to "enforce" the law would have resulted in huge loss of life.

6) We aren't a FORCE, we are a service, we UPHOLD the law, we don't "enforce".

7) Everyone had fun!

Sharing pictures of people getting along serves a purpose, that not every situation needs to result in a fight. It is called effective policing and teaching the "lower ranks" that if you always aim to talk, you can in some instances make a situation better for yourself and your officers, and hopefully the general population of Altis. 

"Efficient" policing, I got my men back, we spoke about issues that both sides are having and managed to gain better knowledge that will help both sides come to more peaceful resolutions in the future. Not every part of a police officers duty is to slap people in hand cuffs and haul them off to jail. With that said please allow me to educate you a little bit as to a few areas of policing that are built around what we managed to achieve today by showing you the expectations of police officers.

1. Work alongside communities liaising with the community groups and individuals.
  2. Provide a visible presence to deter crime and reassure the community.
  3. Develop community knowledge to identify individuals and locations at risk of being involved in crime
  4. Diffuse potentially volatile situations with due regard for the safety of all involved
To name but a few. 

Thank you for presenting your concern, but all things considered I think what we managed to achieve was more positive than negative, so unfortunately "What it looks like" is of little relevance to me, what it actually WAS is known by the people who were in the situation. 

Sharing pictures of people getting along serves a purpose, that not every situation needs to result in a fight. It is called effective policing and teaching the "lower ranks" that if you always aim to talk, you can in some instances make a situation better for yourself and your officers, and hopefully the general population of Altis. 
I agree, sharing pictures of people "getting along" does serve a purpose, but I fear for you that the public would likely want to see more pictures of Poseidon serving long jail sentences rather then them having tea party's with the "authorities". 

"Efficient" policing, I got my men back, we spoke about issues that both sides are having and managed to gain better knowledge that will help both sides come to more peaceful resolutions in the future. Not every part of a police officers duty is to slap people in hand cuffs and haul them off to jail. With that said please allow me to educate you a little bit as to a few areas of policing that are built around what we managed to achieve today by showing you the expectations of police officers.
Congratulations you got your men back, but all this is is you admitting you lost, but while your standing there  having a chat with Poseidon they are making millions selling drugs to kids all around the island, I think your  forgetting that there are victims to Poseidon tyranny, Poor hobos murdered and extorted , instead of helping prevent there crimes you boast of your little dinner dates with them.

I applaud you for being able to have a civilised conversation with them , but glorifying the fact that they beat you doesn't seem like the sort of thing there victims withhold there trust in you for, your here to serve and protect, not "liaise" and "reassure".

Ok allow me to address further miss informed information from some one who wasn't privy to any information at all.

You said "but I fear for you that the public would likely want to see more pictures of Poseidon serving long jail sentences rather then them having tea party's with the "authorities". 

Fantastic well for your information I'd like to point out that two Poseidon members where absent from that little gathering which was an attempt to get our officers back. Those two in the end were engaged and taken down by our Armed Response team for discharging a firearm at officers. Still the peace was kept. I believe they served jail time also, and yet again the peace was kept.

You then moved on to say " I think your  forgetting that there are victims to Poseidon tyranny, Poor hobos murdered and extorted , instead of helping prevent there crimes you boast of your little dinner dates with them." 

Again I would suggest that more facts are needed on your end before you jump from one bombastic assertion to another with no factual ground with which you launch an attack from. All but two members of Poseidon were with us, so at the time of us gathering to deal with said hostage situation, no crimes were actively being committed by them apart from the two who lost their lives.

You then summarise your ill informed rant with "I applaud you for being able to have a civilised conversation with them , but glorifying the fact that they beat you doesn't seem like the sort of thing there victims withhold there trust in you for, your here to serve and protect, not "liaise" and "reassure".

Let us examine that sentiment. "glorifying the fact that they beat you" How exactly did they beat us? and how exactly are we glorifying it?, We got our men back alive, we got all members of the both sides out alive, we kept Poseidon from doing anything illegal while they were all there, any and all members of Poseidon with on going illegal activities were engaged and dealt with as I said previously.  

From where I sit sir, I'd suggest that if you think that no loss of life, getting our men back, keeping the peace, talking, and moving a volatile relationship forward in a positive manner one which will make it easier to make contact and deal with issues without blood being spilled that could catch civilians up in the cross fire in the future, then you have a seriously warped outlook on life, and I would go as far to say, I am extremely thankful that it isn't your authority to make decisions.

If ego is put before the well being of all involved in the sense that we "lost" I'd ask you to show me exactly where we lost.

Unfortunately I feel like you're going out of your way to attempt to lessen the gravity of the positive ending of the situation for why? who knows, however again i'd suggest before launching an unfounded attack against people doing some thing positive, don't make assertions based on a picture.

Sounds like you guys had a lovely time, well done Poseidon and Police for finding a peaceful resolution! Roleplay is what it is all about after all 😉 Proud of you lot ❤️

Sounds like you guys had a lovely time, well done Poseidon and Police for finding a peaceful resolution! Roleplay is what it is all about after all 😉 Proud of you lot ❤️
We really did. I hope communication with the officers is always open in the future and that the last thing we do is use deadly force on each other. Thanks. 

We will not be friends or have a Tea Party with a Terrorist Organization, you will be treated accordingly until we have complete Control of Altis !!! 

This of course is just roleplay, nice Pic indeed….. 🙂

2017-06-04T082559Z_1234147198_RC1B0CC8FE20_RTRMADP_3_BRITAIN-SECURITY-1024x705.jpg

Its was a funny night with police & poseidon , next time which police station and how late?

Back