What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

The State of Undercover Police

Aethon

Hey there,

Having talked to a few other rebels about police, a consistent issue that was raised was undercover police and the way they act, and whether they add much if anyting to RP. To me personally undercover officers can provide an interesting challenge to gangs, but the way a lot of undercover operations are right now it feels more like a cheap way of getting arrests.

For an example of this, I'll take my most recent arrest. As I drive up the road north from kavala, I see another quilin parked in the middle of the road. I get out and am greeted by a man with a Chinese accent trying to sell me some noodles. I go along with his story and 'buy some noodles', then suggest we create a roadblock to guarantee customers. So far for me this situation seemed quite fun and new, and the noodle man's terrible accent was funny. However, a hobo then walks into the roadblock (later revealed to be an undercover officer.) The noodle man pulls out a gun and tells me we're robbing him. I pull out mine, and chase after the hobo, when the noodle man tells me to put my hands up. Suddenly I am surrounded by 4 undercover officers, who tell me I'm under arrest for attempted robbery. This seems a little cheap to me, but hey, fair enough. They then load me into the back of a van, drive me up the top of a hill, 'question' me for a bit where they basically just take my gun and strip my clothes, and then abandon me on a cliff 1.9km from the nearest town.

Why? What does this add to RP at all? Making people suspicious of every situation doesn't make the community and better. It doesn't even add an extra layer of challenge. As much as undercover officers in gangs can be interesting for RP, when most undercover officers just want cheap arrests and more power, it feels unnecessary.

But hey, maybe I'm wrong, please let me know what you think. Not trying to get undercover removed, just interested as to what others' experiences have been with them.

I’m sorry but too me this looks like ur salty u got arrested , u did the crime now do the time.

In my experience undercover cops have been easy to spot, they wear stupid clothing have police weapons and have the voice of a man that is dying to play rebel.

Hello mate, I apreciate the post and am more then happy to listen to your point of view to understand it from another perspective. Should this be in PM's or teamspeak I dont mind, up to you 🙂 

However as it has been mentioned I will comment on "  abandon me on a cliff 1.9km from the nearest town " You know why you were left there, I dont feel it be fair to post on the forums why you were left there so I will leave it, although I would say that statment is a attempt of making us look bad. 

Chat in TS ?

As much as undercover officers in gangs can be interesting for RP
It's really not it's just sad. @McCree

Undercover is pretty useless and unneccessary but if people enjoy playing as undercover I don't mind them having a place on the server.

Hello mate, I apreciate the post and am more then happy to listen to your point of view to understand it from another perspective. Should this be in PM's or teamspeak I dont mind, up to you 🙂 

However as it has been mentioned I will comment on "  abandon me on a cliff 1.9km from the nearest town " You know why you were left there, I dont feel it be fair to post on the forums why you were left there so I will leave it, although I would say that statment is a attempt of making us look bad. 

Chat in TS ?
Thanks for the productive discussion, you raised some good points, but there's still the issue of police acting very differently undercover than they would otherwise.

police acting very differently undercover than they would otherwise
That’s the point of undercover cops. Ain’t gonna work if they act like a normal officer lad

For an example of this, I'll take my most recent arrest. As I drive up the road north from kavala, I see another quilin parked in the middle of the road. I get out and am greeted by a man with a Chinese accent trying to sell me some noodles. I go along with his story and 'buy some noodles', then suggest we create a roadblock to guarantee customers. So far for me this situation seemed quite fun and new, and the noodle man's terrible accent was funny. However, a hobo then walks into the roadblock (later revealed to be an undercover officer.) The noodle man pulls out a gun and tells me we're robbing him. I pull out mine, and chase after the hobo, when the noodle man tells me to put my hands up. Suddenly I am surrounded by 4 undercover officers,

Sounds Like Entrapment to me! Breaking the law themselves 😉

@CC mryan19 @CC Ponty Excuse me sir but as a proud business owner of the great Fish Market i am concerned by this blatant entrapment in this story...
thats the first thing that sprung to mind for me too.

i would think it more appropriate to have uc's detect existing criminality than to generate crime in order to arrest someone whom otherwise may not have committed the crime.

and the current crime rate on altis does nothing to persuade me that any officers have not got better uses for their resources. 

Last edited by a moderator:
under cover is pointless, its basically cops just wearing masks, learn voices and its piss

Definitley entrapment, the officers in question should be held to account by their seniors.

"Entrapment arises where a law enforcement agent induces a person to commit an offence that otherwise they would have had no intention of committing."

The officers did not act in good faith, undercover or not.

With regards to the issue at hand, undercover officers should be used to gather intel on crimes they have reasonable belief and evidence is occurring, but should also be held accountable to the laws they strive to uphold while doing so. Otherwise, it is just a blatant excuse to create crime to arrest people who would not engage in that particular crime otherwise.

Gold Command have acknowledged the concern and issues raised within this thread and are aiming to deal with those involved appropriately and establish a plan so that going forward, instances like this do not occur again.

Undercover Police really hate it when you say your Undercover Police to them, Resulted in a 30 year jail sentence if i was found after they failed to tase my ass. 🙂

Back