Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Nabster

The State of Altis

KingGodDiabloZ

Please keep this topic civil otherwise it will be locked. 

Message added by KingGodDiabloZ

Nabster

Good Day my fellow officers

Today I felt the need to type this messages so we can come together as one and resolve a couple of issues on the Island of Altis

From recent patrols I have experienced a massive amount of hostility from rebels and Poseidon. To give you an Idea of the severity of the situations, while I was on patrol a total of 3 officers were taken hostage in a period of 1 hour with negotiations done for all 3 officers and having to split our resources we were able to retrieve all three the officers however, they should not have been taken hostage in the first place. We are the police, people should be thinking twice before wanting to take any action toward the police.

Gunfights are on the most popular situation you will find yourself in on the island of Altis in this current point in time and I do feel it is getting extremely out of hand as it is just one gunfight to the next one. There are times where gunfights most likely are needed but I also feel that things can be resolved peacefully and we done have to "win" every situation, its ok to let the odd rook robber get a win or get away with a few hundred pounds from a gas station robbery.

Rebel activity has been increasing to an very alarming amount and I do think we as officers need to be more fierce and not hesitate on our actions, if someone is being taken hostage intervene ASAP dont stand around and watch them get taken away, with that also said I do think the threat level needs to be looked at with the current state of altis as the criminal activity is increasing and getting out of hand, with bank robberies , Weapons cache , RBA and fuel station robberies that are increasing a significant amount.

I have also noticed an increase in drug activity at the drug dealer however the officers at the scene were unable to apprehend the suspects, I am unsure as to why ... it could be a lack of personnel to assist the officers or the lack of good or better equipment.

The only suggestion I have at this current point in time is that the Threat level needs to me looked at with the current situations going on and the amount of situations going on

Please let me know what you think, what can we do differently to decrease the criminal activity or better the officer's ability to fight crime

Pavlic

How about you try to talk it out and be nice for once? Not suspect everyone is big criminal

IB Albiston

If the officers got taken hostage they probably deserved it! You filthy old piggies! I’m sure many of the armed rebels on the island will continue to do so until the police departments funds run so low they will be robbing the HM themselves!

MrLongSlong

Now although I agree with some of ur points , I don’t think you have quiet grasped what it is to be a rebel, rebel’s counter everything the authorities do, they are anti everything ur pro , which of course when there is a heavy rebel population causes issues between police and rebels on a personal level, which is mostly why rebel gangs appear and leave in such short amounts of time .

at the current time rebel’s have a few choices as what they can do, drug runs to make money, not very profitable and not always the most entertaining, robbing something usually provokes police , and finally rebel roleplay , extortion murder talking to civilians etc, which also usually provokes police, now ofcourse there are other things rebel’s cans and do do but those are the first few things that come to mind.

My issue was when I was a rebel that the only thing that kept happening was fights with the police and that’s was because they where the next big thing, there where no other gangs worthy , or big enough to take us on , which in the end of the day caused problems with the police.

which leads me onto my last point, I think units such as MI5 and NCA should do more to apprehend these criminal leaders in order to suppress the rebel’s further, as although the police usually have more people they are usually vastly out gunned and therefore only few amounts of rebel’s are needed to take on far more police, if the spcualist units take down the heads of these criminal organisations them the on the Beaty bobbys won’t have to take so much of a hit everytime the rebel’s act up.

just my opinion.

Simon Ross

I’m gonna add a short one on this and add later. But the issue being gunfights commonly mentioned. Have the police considered hey there is a gunfight going on between rebels...let’s leave it alone because there is a large risk of cop death rather than every gunfight ever having police rocking up and worming their ways in. For all you know rebels are trying to do something good for a change or defend themselves...which then changes to cops shooting them and sending them off to jail for 35 years. Have you considered it the polices fault for worming their way into most situations, forcing rebels to retaliate back as they can’t just walk off as opposing rebels will shoot. 

DJ Triton

you might also find people are a lot less hostile if the first thing you say to them is put your hands up or you going to be tazed or if you drive off your tires will be shot! 

Mr Coco

^^^^^^^

Cool
4 hours ago, Nabster said:

From recent patrols I have experienced a massive amount of hostility from rebels and Poseidon. To give you an Idea of the severity of the situations, while I was on patrol a total of 3 officers were taken hostage in a period of 1 hour with negotiations done for all 3 officers and having to split our resources we were able to retrieve all three the officers however

Thats a very quite a cute statement considering the negotiations failed since police were told to bring 1 unarmed officer and brought 9 armed. The negotiations from the police was a joke. The hostage personally negotiated and paid for his own release purely by himself. But I appreciate you trying to take credit for it lol.

Also if you stop sending officers into our lands without permission Poseidon wouldnt take anybody. 

Surgay

this is class, its how altis life and all other life servers are ahaha

Vlad Vagin
3 hours ago, Ji Mitch said:

Good job team! 🙂 @Kenny @khalifattyyy

Gang gang. 

And to topic. Rebels is not here to be bestie with the popo. We will fight for us, our gain and what we believe. Not some overpaid pig who tells me to put my hands up cause I have a firearm

Edited by Vlad Vagin

Slawek Orion

Remind me, what are you trying to achive with this? Get you threat level.up even more? It high all the time either way. Try to covince rebels that they should obey the law? That's not how this works. Can't think of anything else you could be trying to achieve here. IMO this whole post is pointless and if anything it will just create a bit of drama, nothing else.

WhoisDan
5 hours ago, Nabster said:

From recent patrols I have experienced a massive amount of hostility from rebels and Poseidon. To give you an Idea of the severity of the situations, while I was on patrol a total of 3 officers were taken hostage in a period of 1 hour with negotiations done for all 3 officers and having to split our resources we were able to retrieve all three the officers however, they should not have been taken hostage in the first place. We are the police, people should be thinking twice before wanting to take any action toward the police.

Officers being taken hostage should not be viewed as a bad thing, in my eyes. It's part of the game. I have never understood the attitude the police have towards being taken hostage. Some of my favourite moments on this server have been as a kidnapped police officer. Of course, you'll always get those people who will just ziptie you and not say a word to you, but when kidnappings are done properly- i.e. the rebels and the kidnapped officer are communicating and having fun- then I see no reason why the police, as an out-of-game entity, should be so against it.

Gunfights are on the most popular situation you will find yourself in on the island of Altis in this current point in time and I do feel it is getting extremely out of hand as it is just one gunfight to the next one. There are times where gunfights most likely are needed but I also feel that things can be resolved peacefully and we done have to "win" every situation, its ok to let the odd rook robber get a win or get away with a few hundred pounds from a gas station robbery.

I agree with you on this entirely. I'm not saying that the police are entirely to blame, because as we all know there are plenty of gunfight-hungry rebels, but it does seem nowadays that most of the police are only interested in situations where they can either scrap a vehicle or shoot you.

Rebel activity has been increasing to an very alarming amount and I do think we as officers need to be more fierce and not hesitate on our actions, if someone is being taken hostage intervene ASAP dont stand around and watch them get taken away, with that also said I do think the threat level needs to be looked at with the current state of altis as the criminal activity is increasing and getting out of hand, with bank robberies , Weapons cache , RBA and fuel station robberies that are increasing a significant amount.

What exactly do you mean by 'be more fierce and not hesitate on our actions'? At face value, this statement seems to contradict your previous point. Being more fierce is only going to spark more gunfights.

I have also noticed an increase in drug activity at the drug dealer however the officers at the scene were unable to apprehend the suspects, I am unsure as to why ... it could be a lack of personnel to assist the officers or the lack of good or better equipment.

I wouldn't say there has been an increase, the drug dealers have always been busy. As for it being difficult to apprehend people selling drugs- by nature, this is always going to be the case. People are either sneaky in selling drugs or do runs in large groups, specifically with the purpose of either avoiding or scaring off police. Obviously more officers would help deal with larger groups, but with the way things are at the moment, calling reinforcements to deal with a gang selling drugs is inevitably going to lead to a gunfight. Better equipment (by which I assume you mean guns) would only make this worse.

REEEEEEagan
3 hours ago, DJ Triton said:

you might also find people are a lot less hostile if the first thing you say to them is put your hands up or you going to be tazed or if you drive off your tires will be shot! 

4 hours ago, Ji Mitch said:

Good job team! 🙂 @Kenny @khalifattyyy

❤️ 

DJ Triton
23 minutes ago, WhoisDan said:

Officers being taken hostage should not be viewed as a bad thing, in my eyes. It's part of the game. I have never understood the attitude the police have towards being taken hostage. Some of my favourite moments on this server have been as a kidnapped police officer. Of course, you'll always get those people who will just ziptie you and not say a word to you, but when kidnappings are done properly- i.e. the rebels and the kidnapped officer are communicating and having fun- then I see no reason why the police, as an out-of-game entity, should be so against it.

Agreed! Some of my best moments in the cops were being dangled over the edge of a cliff having to sing for my life, only to then be shot by a cop who can't aim!

Also, don't know what cops expect you would be all bored shitless if everyone obeyed the law! imagine going on a 4-hour patrol and everyone stuck to the speed limit, no one robbed and all you did was drive around, you would be all bored to tears!

PC Robert Ramirez

We should just add a death sentence 

• Like 1

Butch Orion
7 hours ago, Nabster said:

hostility from rebels and Poseidon.

What do you expect from a Drug Cartel and Rebel Gangs which are outlaws? For them to bend over, not gonna happen hostility is fine if it's high roleplay...

Jason Wild

As much as I would love to agree with you, deeply I know it all starts with the Police. It would suit Police more to encourage roleplay instead of going with 20 officers on NCA/AR armed patrols. Actively roleplaying and encouraging roleplay. And if someone broke the law, roleplay it out. Yes there are alot of gunfights, but if the Police is less violent and more peaceful / focussed on RP, the rebels will follow.

CI Dan B

From a server point of view, I love having active rebels... it gives the police something to do! We can finally patrol without having to stop and wait for things to happen, you may also do normal policing duties. From a police point of view I do believe we should be cracking down on firearms and illegal activities, this will come form being active, having better tactics and patrolling with others. 

MrLongSlong
8 hours ago, DJ Triton said:

+10

GhostDarkAngel
3 hours ago, Jason Wild said:

As much as I would love to agree with you, deeply I know it all starts with the Police. It would suit Police more to encourage roleplay instead of going with 20 officers on NCA/AR armed patrols. Actively roleplaying and encouraging roleplay. And if someone broke the law, roleplay it out. Yes there are alot of gunfights, but if the Police is less violent and more peaceful / focussed on RP, the rebels will follow. 

I have to agree here. I was on a patrol with John Yellow as an RBA went off. I radiod in that no one should enter the RBA since negotiations are happening. I did it again when NCA said they were coming. Instead of setting up just in case, they just roll in, cause both me and John to almost die and cause a gunfight. John even got blamed they lost the RBA thanks to him while the negotiations were going good and we were winning. We only lost due to the fact that here that one NCA patrol just rolled up and started a fight.

Farmer Giles

Well from what ive heard,

Undercover police officers are baiting people to commit crimes, such as the one when the cop was rping as a Chinese person. 

No wonder why this is happening!

Ron Diesel
32 minutes ago, Hugo_ said:

tenor.gif?itemid=11587456 

I tried to say that but people told me to stop all the time