What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Guide To What Is VDM and RDM

Sovereign

Updated:18/1/15

The following is my understanding of VDM and RDM if there is something wrong according to this server please inform me as I expect people to read this for guidelines. Regardless of these guidelines it is highly recommended that you have recording software on at all times.

VDMWhen a player kills you with a vehicle for no reason in a game of role play.(This is prevented by the server's anti-VDM script.)

What is considered VDM?

-Running people over for any reason.

-Ramming a vehicle with a vehicle to cause it to explode.

-Blowing up an empty vehicle resulting in the death of someone who was not in that vehicle.

What isn't considered VDM?

-Not running someone over with a vehicle. There is no exception to running someone over on the server with a vehicle. Get out and shoot them if you want them to die without running them over.

-When trolls run into the middle of the street to get run over on purpose.

-Server desynchronization caused explosions.(It sometimes looks like the vehicle is blinking or teleporting around and if one hits you it explodes.)

RDM- When a player kills you with no incentive or reason in a game of role play.(Always initiate RP before shooting at someone.)

What is considered RDM?

-Shooting on sight without roleplay or a admin sanctioned declaration of war on the forums.

-Shooting someone directly after a knockout robbery with no RP. Even if the victim speaks to the RDMer first and they still do not respond there was no reason and therefore RDM.

-Sniping a victim. You are not within earshot.(If you know their name due to RP and text them a warning via radio broadcast it is considered RP.)

What isn't considered RDM?

-Engagement of RP to the victim who then does not comply after being threatened or warned. Example- Rebel A says "Get on the ground(or out of the vehicle)! You have 5 seconds!" They stand there and do nothing.*Bang* not RDM. If they try to get in a vehicle they can be shot for trying to escape(RP reason established) or are already in a vehicle begin to drive off and you are directly pointing your gun at them because you are in close range earshot *bang* not RDM.(Sniping them through a windshield with a fellow rebel RPing at them is admissable, and the opposite which is shooting them when there is not a rebel RPing nearby is RDM.)

-Provocation and aggravation of victims.

Example-Civilian A tells Rebel B "You don't have the balls to shoot me!" You have just directly engaged them in RP involving your own death and they may now act upon it. You should have just said "Leave me alone!"*bang* not RDM "How about I drag my balls across your face!?" You have just provoked and aggravated a Rebel who can now kill you for RP reasons.

-The third party warfare situation- If two parties are in combat a third party(you) can technically engage for various reasons such as preserving your own life or you can simply run away and not be involved which is advised if you have no real reason to fight. (If you are in one of the original parties this does not apply and these situations are rare regardless.)

Example 1- Rebel Faction A is engaged with Police B and Rebel Faction C drives by them. They can continue and ignore it or stop and enter combat with Police B or Groups A and B if they are fired upon or threatened.

Example 2- Rebel Faction A and Police B are stumbled upon by Civilian C who can run away and should. There is also the issue of the Rebels robbing the civilian or the Police thinking the Civilian is a criminal and engage them,therefore they should simply leave as it could become a lose situation regardless.

-Shooting or killing someone in the Red Zone. The Red Zone is designed to allow shooting on sight for entertainment purposes and relaxation. It is also contains approximately 1/6th of the island in an avoidable area if you are not interested in doing this.

Please bring up anything I did not cover.

Everything is easier if you RP and use common sense. Always have recording software going,people may still report you if your following the rules.

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically this would be Kavala if the RDM rules didn't exist: 

Oh, and now you can't kill cops on sight only because of a membership.

Rebels are allowed to kill police on sight with a rebel licence? I don't think so.

Ah yes this is hilarious, i have been "reported" for "Killing in a safezone because my victim didnt follow my order", "Shooting someone because he said "shoot me", "Driving into a car on the left side of the road going 250km/h making us both explode" and last but funniest "im gonna report you because i dont like your face" which you know resulted me in shooting him.

Rebels are allowed to kill police on sight with a rebel licence? I don't think so.
This was back in April. (I had some good times using insurgency tactics when it was in place.) I updated it as that rule is no longer in place.

Nice One.

Some scenarios I would like clarification on:

Scenario 1: 

3-4 Rebels approach my truck and inform me to jump out. As soon as I do I open fire and they fire back. Considering they approached me initially and RP'd even though I say nothing isn't ok for me to shoot in this scenario because they approached me to perform an illegal activity at their own risk?

Scenario 2: 

If a gun battle ensues and it is clearly obvious that a certain road/building is not safe. If new spawns are walking around you like flies during this can I kill them if the don't F off. I know I can warn them but it is hard to RP with random civs when taking fire. My view on this is if your dumb enough to walk towards the sounds of the bullets then your going to die. IRL you would run away.

Nice One.

Some scenarios I would like clarification on:

Scenario 1: 

3-4 Rebels approach my truck and inform me to jump out. As soon as I do I open fire and they fire back. Considering they approached me initially and RP'd even though I say nothing isn't ok for me to shoot in this scenario because they approached me to perform an illegal activity at their own risk?

Scenario 2: 

If a gun battle ensues and it is clearly obvious that a certain road/building is not safe. If new spawns are walking around you like flies during this can I kill them if the don't F off. I know I can warn them but it is hard to RP with random civs when taking fire. My view on this is if your dumb enough to walk towards the sounds of the bullets then your going to die. IRL you would run away.
Well Scenario one, id say you're a dumbass if you try to open fire single man against 3-4 rebels. 

Scenario two, They are hit in crossfire, and since they are stupid enough to be in a place where multiple people are exchanging bullets then its their own fault. Neither of these scenarios is RDM, well atleast not if its NOT intentional you kill unarmed civillians.

Well Scenario one, id say you're a dumbass if you try to open fire single man against 3-4 rebels. 

Scenario two, They are hit in crossfire, and since they are stupid enough to be in a place where multiple people are exchanging bullets then its their own fault. Neither of these scenarios is RDM, well atleast not if its NOT intentional you kill unarmed civillians.
Just need to know that they are not RDM thanks man.

Last night i was getting robbed by 3 guys and I managed to kill 2 and get away from the last one.

Just need to know that they are not RDM thanks man.

Last night i was getting robbed by 3 guys and I managed to kill 2 and get away from the last one.
What Tanzani said is true. In scenario 2 literally tell them to "Fuck off." to be safe. I've yelled that before in a city attack even though it wasn't required and they decided to troll and run in circles shouting noob so I let the bodies hit the floor.

What Tanzani said is true. In scenario 2 literally tell them to "Fuck off." to be safe. I've yelled that before in a city attack even though it wasn't required and they decided to troll and run in circles shouting noob so I let the bodies hit the floor.
Like you said, if you want to be on the safe side you can tell them to "fuck off" but you are no way required to do so. To be fair afterall it is their own fault. On another note, like if the Police is stupid enough to ram my ifrit, I don't give a shit I ram them back, if i blow up their fuel tank, then too bad. If I get banned for doing so, then the Police officer who rammed me should get banned for doing so aswell. If us rebels cant ram back when someone rams us, its like "oh did that guy just shoot you in the face without a reason, you better lay down and die" Horrible example, but i would no way lay down and die if someone shot me in the face. I just understood that i make no sense at all because its late and i havent slept for ~30 hours. 

I would like to BUMP this one, and where [Gc] Gang read upon this!

2ndLt,(dont remember name) Im glad we were able to talk about the incident at UNMC boarder last night, but this post proof I had a more or less legit reason to open fire.

For those who wanst there:

myself and my collegue, agents in STF, had a Personel Protection contract with a group inside UNMC territory. We got a message from one of their members, saying they needed us, due to situation at the Boarder. We found out, that several members from Gc Gang and atleast one guy from AEGIS had taken controll of the Boarder in the absence of UNMC, and were robbing and killing people, (also one of our contracts was killed.)

My collegue APEX and myself, sneaked up to the boarder, found some bushes couple hundred meters away, and overviewed the situation, without seeing much other than people running around. While I was in contact with one of my Contracts (he was hostage), a ricoshet flew right next to my Collegue, and we took cover. What I did, I looked into my mrco scope, saw one guy on top of Tower 1, 1shot and 1 kill.

I switched my sight towards the 2nd Tower, saw one guy running to cover, 1shot, 1 more kill.

During this, several shots came from the boarder between two parties, Police on one lf the sides, Gc on the other, and we decided to help the Police. (Heard sirens, also mssg'd the police about our location.)

I then get a message from one of Gc's 2ndLT's, where he said; "Come on ts and talk with us for a compensation, or else you will be banned."

With my knowledge, this is not RDM, since we're walking into a firefight at a safe distance, choose'd side and engage. (+ our contracts inside the checkpoint).

For all meaning, the 2ndLT and I was not agree about either it was RDM or not, but we got to the desicion that I pay 200k for comp, and we leaved it be.

Info: Before I engaged, I asked my client if the occupants had issued a warning, due to our location; they said Yes, and we operated due to that confirmation. (Gc say's on TS later they never got this warning).

I need to thrust my contracts, so this is word vs word.

Anyhow, we made up, we left ts as two leaders of two different groips, no bad feelings, but I do now see, my actions was not to consider RDM after this post, made by @Sovereign

Skidrow

Founder & Head Instructor of STF

Get we get this pinned in announcements?

Also, can you add fuel station robberys, doing drugs, being wanted and sniping cops on sight at bank jobs(no RP, some may dispute, but no RP.) are not valid reasons to kill :)

What iv always thought about, for example.. Im in a car any car i dont care what car, pink 3 wheeler, so me and my pink 3 wheeler are in a field randomly driving threw it, to find some rebels executing a man, these sayyyy 7 rebels surround my car and tell me to get out - recap! this is based on real life, if this was me id run the fucker over and try to drive away, maybe VDM should be re looked at, iv played on a few servers where this is the only reason you can VDM.

What iv always thought about, for example.. Im in a car any car i dont care what car, pink 3 wheeler, so me and my pink 3 wheeler are in a field randomly driving threw it, to find some rebels executing a man, these sayyyy 7 rebels surround my car and tell me to get out - recap! this is based on real life, if this was me id run the fucker over and try to drive away, maybe VDM should be re looked at, iv played on a few servers where this is the only reason you can VDM.
I can say with up most confidence the IRL 7 guys with lethal weapons surround you car you would shit an entire transit van before even thinking of escape :p .

Well, I think this post needs to be updated to cover the fact that VDM'ing now doesn't kill people due to the scripts, but is still a bannable offence. The post doesn't make it clear that just knocking someone over with a car is technically VDM.

Great Clarification, one thing I am not entirely sure is. If you are with a friend. He gets robbed/or/arrested but you are hiding in a building are you allowed to shoot the robber/or/police? Or must you engage in talking to them telling them to tell them to release him?

Thanks

Great Clarification, one thing I am not entirely sure is. If you are with a friend. He gets robbed/or/arrested but you are hiding in a building are you allowed to shoot the robber/or/police? Or must you engage in talking to them telling them to tell them to release him?

Thanks
Must speak first, initiate RP always

Thanks
You have to initiate role-play, but it doesn't have to come from yourself (as not to give away your position).

Your friend can warn the robber to stop immediately, or face the consequences, in the fact that he is being aimed at by another person with a gun who isn't afraid to use it.

Back