What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

The strong silent types

Snowbionekenobi

Hey guys and gals Snow here 🙂 this is more of a discussion rather then a rule suggestion but if it's not allowed then I'm more then happy to remove it.

Anyways point of this post is how do people feel about The silent ones? and by silent ones I mean people who just go quiet cause of someone else breaking a rule and don't rp as they are "Gathering evidence" is this the same as someone refusing to roleplay? And should it be in the rules somewhere? Again it's just a discussion more just to find out how people feel, if this isn't the place for it then I apologize

Anyways hope you all have a lovely day and please keep it civil 🙂

Hey guys and gals Snow here 🙂 this is more of a discussion rather then a rule suggestion but if it's not allowed then I'm more then happy to remove it.

Anyways point of this post is how do people feel about The silent ones? and by silent ones I mean people who just go quiet cause of someone else breaking a rule and don't rp as they are "Gathering evidence" is this the same as someone refusing to roleplay? And should it be in the rules somewhere? Again it's just a discussion more just to find out how people feel, if this isn't the place for it then I apologize

Staff encourage roleplay over ruleplay so you can draw a conclusion from that 🙂  When i see someone break a rule I try to tell them to not do it again within rp, if that fails then // messages are my friend

So yea, basically i'd do the same as Mr. Bob stated. But example if someone keeps running you over, 1. I make sure im recording/2. I try to in RP scream etc.. ask whyyyy/3. If the guy keeps doing it, I make a admin call and just stay silent as theres nothing really more to do.

So yea, basically i'd do the same as Mr. Bob stated. But example if someone keeps running you over, 1. I make sure im recording/2. I try to in RP scream etc.. ask whyyyy/3. If the guy keeps doing it, I make a admin call and just stay silent as theres nothing really more to do.
Great examples there guys 🙂 as long as you rp it's all good, silence is always a last resort IMO and once it's over I always ask to pop on ts just for a chat to clear something's up and offer advice reports only happen if they don't understand, are rude and aggressive or just taking the Micky.

The way I see it even if someone's breaking the rules ROLEPLAY don't go silent unless is blatent vdm! As like with children you've got to set an example so they will learn.

I would love to hear other peoples oppinons and thoughts about this 

🙂

Last edited by a moderator:
Basically some great suggestions. This is most commonly seen with fail rp and metagaming. But not continuing roleplay can to an extend also be seen as fail rp. Try to keep rp going and first warn within rp, after that // message or admin requests are best. 

Staying silent to gather evidence is a poor reaction in my opinion, especially because most of the rulebreakers in these types of situations are new players and just need some guidance.

Standard disclaimer: this is my own opinion not the one from the staff team.

I had a similar situation to this, a hobo rdmed a mate at kavala PD, and was attempting to rdm me so I shot him, then his friend came up and started making racist remarks, I walked off, he followed so I took him hostage and made an admin request, continued the rp, and just before I was going to shoot him he got 1.6d. My best advice is to rp and call the admins, if nothing happens, just resolve and if not, report.

Back