What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

New monitor bought, wont work.

Hiitsfreddie

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
Recently ,yesterday, I bought a new monitor. I asked to ask for help from someone to set it up (with the plugs and plugging it  in) and now it only detects it as a audio device. However it does show the display with the taask bar however I can not move my mouse onto it and use it. If its possible please help. if u need more information I'll DM u screenshots. Thanks.

How have you got your monitor screening set up(on laptops it is the options of mirror screen, 2nd screen, no screen and another forth one) I don't know what this is called but it can be found in the settings app on windows 10, or in the side panel on windows 10 and see how it is set up. If someone knows what I mean by this and can make this clearer that would be great 🙂

If the display is showing the taskbar, but you can't move your mouse to it right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings". You should get a window which says "Select and rearrange displays". Click the "Identity" button to see which monitor is which then drag the numbered boxes above it so they are basically arranged how your monitors are. Then click apply and it should work.

Thanks guys, new problem my old monitor which I want to be my second isnt working after start up 😕

Gonna need to be more specific than "isnt working". Also a general overview of your setup would be useful (PC or Laptop), and what are the monitors plugged into (Onboard Graphics or GPU)?

PC

(Onboard Graphics or GPU)
Honestly no clue its plugged in at the bottom if that helps. And it has a big white plug.

Gonna need to be more specific than "isnt working"
It hapend when I was setting up my new monitor and finally got it working and then I accidentally pressed something that joined them together and then I disabled it and now my second monitor (old) isn't working.

big white plug.
So I assume that's a DVI connector, is it going into the back of metal port or a smaller array of HDMI ports and DVI ports.

Try checking your ATX connector pins making sure they are all connected. Check in your monitor settings about resolution and actually check they are being detected by your operating system. 

You may have put the monitor on second/first screen only. Go back to your monitor settings and try setting them to duplicate or extend.

Ik not able to access my second monitor unless I want my screens joined together and it makes a full picture. How do I change yo extended?
press windows key + P   at the same time a menu at the Right of your screen should appear you just need to click extend 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah you're welcome smh
yea sorry forgot to say thanks to. And @Hammah

If the display is showing the taskbar, but you can't move your mouse to it right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings". You should get a window which says "Select and rearrange displays". Click the "Identity" button to see which monitor is which then drag the numbered boxes above it so they are basically arranged how your monitors are. Then click apply and it should work.
and u

Back