Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

Hiitsfreddie

New monitor bought, wont work.

Hiitsfreddie

Recently ,yesterday, I bought a new monitor. I asked to ask for help from someone to set it up (with the plugs and plugging it  in) and now it only detects it as a audio device. However it does show the display with the taask bar however I can not move my mouse onto it and use it. If its possible please help. if u need more information I'll DM u screenshots. Thanks.

Simon Ross

How have you got your monitor screening set up(on laptops it is the options of mirror screen, 2nd screen, no screen and another forth one) I don't know what this is called but it can be found in the settings app on windows 10, or in the side panel on windows 10 and see how it is set up. If someone knows what I mean by this and can make this clearer that would be great 🙂

Brick

If the display is showing the taskbar, but you can't move your mouse to it right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings". You should get a window which says "Select and rearrange displays". Click the "Identity" button to see which monitor is which then drag the numbered boxes above it so they are basically arranged how your monitors are. Then click apply and it should work.

Hiitsfreddie

Thanks guys, new problem my old monitor which I want to be my second isnt working after start up 😕

Brick

Gonna need to be more specific than "isnt working". Also a general overview of your setup would be useful (PC or Laptop), and what are the monitors plugged into (Onboard Graphics or GPU)?

Hiitsfreddie
1 hour ago, Brick said:

PC

PC

1 hour ago, Brick said:

(Onboard Graphics or GPU)

Honestly no clue its plugged in at the bottom if that helps. And it has a big white plug.

1 hour ago, Brick said:

Gonna need to be more specific than "isnt working"

It hapend when I was setting up my new monitor and finally got it working and then I accidentally pressed something that joined them together and then I disabled it and now my second monitor (old) isn't working.

Owen Stanton
3 hours ago, Hiitsfreddie said:

big white plug.

So I assume that's a DVI connector, is it going into the back of metal port or a smaller array of HDMI ports and DVI ports.

Try checking your ATX connector pins making sure they are all connected. Check in your monitor settings about resolution and actually check they are being detected by your operating system. 

You may have put the monitor on second/first screen only. Go back to your monitor settings and try setting them to duplicate or extend.

Hiitsfreddie
1 hour ago, Owen Stanton said:

You may have put the monitor on second/first screen only. Go back to your monitor settings and try setting them to duplicate or

Its showing it on the actual settings on 'other devices' which is where it normally is however it wont detect it on  https://gyazo.com/a29713499329a3719d6dc47418f7719b that. 

Hiitsfreddie
19 hours ago, Owen Stanton said:

So can you not change how your monitors are displayed on this menu

https://gyazo.com/f695d314bc995bf470bb4188b39fdb9f

Try changing it to extend

Ik not able to access my second monitor unless I want my screens joined together and it makes a full picture. How do I change yo extended?

Dr Mike Polo
11 minutes ago, Hiitsfreddie said:

Ik not able to access my second monitor unless I want my screens joined together and it makes a full picture. How do I change yo extended?

press windows key + P   at the same time a menu at the Right of your screen should appear you just need to click extend 

Hiitsfreddie
46 minutes ago, Dr Mike Polo said:

press windows key + P   at the same time a menu at the Right of your screen should appear you just need to click extend 

Thank you  so much I can’t thabk you enough. 

Dr Mike Polo
1 minute ago, Hiitsfreddie said:

Thank you  so much I can’t thabk you enough. 

It was no bother! make sure you enjoy your new screen though 🙂

Owen Stanton

Yeah you're welcome smh

Edited by Owen Stanton

Hiitsfreddie
20 hours ago, Owen Stanton said:

Yeah you're welcome smh

yea sorry forgot to say thanks to. And @Hammah

On 05/12/2018 at 11:53, Brick said:

If the display is showing the taskbar, but you can't move your mouse to it right click on your desktop and select "Display Settings". You should get a window which says "Select and rearrange displays". Click the "Identity" button to see which monitor is which then drag the numbered boxes above it so they are basically arranged how your monitors are. Then click apply and it should work.

and u