What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

"Life on Altis": AAN News Series for Foreigners; Entry 1 & 2

Hello, my name is Nemanya Mudrity. I am Serbian and I have moved to Altis not long ago. I applied as a journalist here on AAN with an idea in mind. A series on life on Altis for foreigners. Without much delay, here it is.

6/01/2039 (As all of this takes place after the Altis War depicted in Arma 3, obviously) Entry 1:

I have been on Altis for some time now. Soon after my arrival, I had to take the driving test again. Not really sure why, but laws are laws. Anyways, I got my driving license and a truck license. I started working as a courier as I love to drive a car around, and as Altis has many dusty roads, each time I drive I feel like Collin McRae. After that, I bought a truck and went on to oil drilling and selling, which turned out to be quite profitable. After that I applied as a journalist on AAN and started going around Altis hunting for material for my reports, but I wasn't really successful. Then I had an idea of this. Life on Altis as a series of diary entries. And I gave it a shot. The life is hard. Hot weather, high crime rate (especially is the rate of robberies at gunpoint), and yet people come to Altis in FLOODS. Seems the stories of a quickly rebuilt stable economy after the war persuaded the  people to come.

12/01/2039 Entry 2:

Today a person, which identity will be kept secret for legal reasons, has approached me at The Bearded Clam Pub in Kavala. As he saw my press uniform, vest and helmet, he asked me if I would like to join him on some doings that could use for a report of mine. Sure, material is material, even at the cost of death. We got into his car, drove to the airport, took his nice white Hummingbird and went off to a spot which exact location on Altis I am unable to say. After that we jumped into his heli again, went back for the airport, sat into a car and drove off.

On the way to Agios Dionysios, the driver crashed into police, severely damaging the patrol car, he somehow went out of the crash unscathed. In Agios, he switched cars and I continued the journey with him. He suggested he should do a gas-pump robbery, which for this report would be awesome. A in-depth look on robberies. Of course, as I'm a journalist, I could simply not participate. Instead, I would watch him robbing from the passenger seat of his car. Luckily, the police didn't come and we managed to escape. He also wanted to give me a 40% cut as I, by his words, "took part", but I refused that kind offer as I didn't participate, I was just a spectator. We drove into Kavala to a cashpoint where he deposited his money, and we parted our ways.

For "Life on Altis", AAN News' Series, Nemanya Mudrity.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back