What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

PlaysTV not showing that Arma 3 is launched.

UK-JC

Banned
So ive tried to record arma 3 with plays like i used to a few months back. ive beentrying again but now when ever i launch arma and am in game ect, plays doesnt show that arma is launched. it just stays on "waiting for game to launch". 

ive tried pretty much anything i can find online, and think of. but if anybody  has any ideas or tips that would me amazing.

im not too sure if specs are of any value here, so if you think it would help you just leave me a comment and ill send you them.

cheers lads.

I had this issue a while ago, I’m not sure what fixed it, but while it wasn’t working I set plays tv recording mode to manual, and started recording each time myself using the ctrl +f3 shortcut 

I had this issue a while ago, I’m not sure what fixed it, but while it wasn’t working I set plays tv recording mode to manual, and started recording each time myself using the ctrl +f3 shortcut 
i have tried that, but it doesnt even show that the game is open in plays.

there was a update a while back now which required you to download the new plays.tv. So the symbol should be this one:

https://gyazo.com/8d1723baf66ec4412f11b3cdfe88ce6f

you also need to delete the old version for this to work properly. When this was first released i had to delete anything Plays.tv and then just reinstall the new one
ill give it a shot when im out of school, if it doesnt work im getting the rook 😉

i am fairly sure that I have the latest version tho - I’ve reinstalled it a few times too ( after removing all traces).

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you launching the game through A3Launcher? I had the same issue, Plays just straight up refused to record Arma 3 when launching it through A3Launcher. Contacted support and everything but it never got solved. Ended up launching the game through Steam and just finding my servers through the in-game server browser and Plays started recording the game like it was supposed to, might be worth a shot!

Are you launching the game through A3Launcher? I had the same issue, Plays just straight up refused to record Arma 3 when launching it through A3Launcher. Contacted support and everything but it never got solved. Ended up launching the game through Steam and just finding my servers through the in-game server browser and Plays started recording the game like it was supposed to, might be worth a shot!
ive been doing it through the steam launcher 😕 ive literally tried everything i can think of. i think it might take a fresh install of windows.

Back