What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

In Need of a New PC

Conor Ajazuri

Unlinked
So im looking to purchase a new computer, but I don't really have a clue where to start. Could anyone please give me some advice on what to get i have a budget of around £1200 and would like to stick with an Intel Processor and possibly a GTX 1070 TI. If. you need anymore information please ask. Thanks in advance

imo go for a aircooler instead, decent aircooler>budget liquidcooler, and saves you money to maybe upgrade your storage

I can vouch for the processor as I have the i5-8600k myself. And I agree with Killersky above me, I currently have a Noctua NH-D14 (that I wouldn't recommend simply because it's way too big, finding a case with enough clearance for it to properly function is a pain) but I have no complaints on the cooling it gives my processor at all. As for the motherboard I went with the ASRock Z390 Extreme4.

I can vouch for the processor as I have the i5-8600k myself. And I agree with Killersky above me, I currently have a Noctua NH-D14 (that I wouldn't recommend simply because it's way too big, finding a case with enough clearance for it to properly function is a pain) but I have no complaints on the cooling it gives my processor at all. As for the motherboard I went with the ASRock Z390 Extreme4.
running a hyper 212 evo, old but reliable. doesnt give too much room for overclock, but not needed as for now. and its only 20 euros

I'd rather have NZXT water cooling for the CPU and then a Corsair power supply.

you definatly dont need that 16gb ram, you will do just fine with 8gb

16GB is good to have, future proof.
for what? if its purely for gaming you would see a better performance with 8gb of 3000ghz DDR4 RAM than 32 gb of 1600ghz DDR3 RAM. so buy faster 8gb ram if you want to future proof yourself but 8gb at 2600ghz will be just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
for what? if its purely for gaming you would see a better performance with 8gb of 3000ghz DDR4 RAM than 32 gb of 1600ghz DDR3 RAM. so buy faster 8gb ram if you want to future proof yourself but 8gb at 2600ghz will be just fine.
For everything? he is talking about gaming pc not just arma pc. many titles nowadays have 8 gb as minimum req. 16 gb gives you more comfort of leaving some chrome tabs open too *meme

16GB of RAM is now required, 8GB would be fine if this was 2013, but now a lot of games make use of more RAM in your system.

As for processor, I wouldn't recommend intel over AMD Ryzen, intel is slightly better at the top end for FPS in games, however AMD Ryzen is much much faster for other tasks, and will help you a lot if you plan on streaming or editing in the future.
Keep in mind, if you get an AMD Processor you will also benefit from faster RAM speeds - don't get slow RAM with AMD.

The 1070Ti is a fine card, just ensure you get yourself a good deal. 

Best of luck with your build.

Thanks for all the advice.

I have been researching into it more and have changed it around abit, mainly with the CPU and Graphics card as I can get the newer generations for only slightly more. Wold this be a smart move? I also dont think i would need to buy any storage right away as i have a SSD and HDD in my current computer that i could move  across but i dont know if they are any good.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z8RtYT

Thanks for all the advice.

I have been researching into it more and have changed it around abit, mainly with the CPU and Graphics card as I can get the newer generations for only slightly more. Wold this be a smart move? I also dont think i would need to buy any storage right away as i have a SSD and HDD in my current computer that i could move  across but i dont know if they are any good.

https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/list/Z8RtYT
did you check so that you get enough power? also maybe you can bring the power supply from your current pc and save a couple bux there aswell?

Also if you have an extra £50-100, I would highly suggest getting an M.2 SSD to run as your boot and your ArmA III, some M.2s run as fast as 5GB/S, and you will notice significantly smoother arma with one. Also, it means your PC instantly boots within 2 seconds. 

Be sure your mobo supports M.2 though.

Back