What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Un-ban Appeal - Paul Walters - 03/03/19

Status
Not open for further replies.
In-game Name
Col. Paul Walters

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
10/02/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Kempi Anderson

Reason given for your ban.
(2.2, 2.5 - Forum Report)

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned for 'Random deathmatch' and 'Combat logging' as I mistakenly shot and killed a member of the police force, Mr. 'SI Ronald Strauss'.

Why should we unban you ?
I would first like to express how the scenario was a complete accident and there was no intention in killing or even hitting the officer, and am sorry for doing so.

Before the situation unfolded me and a friend was sitting at a processor of kinds, don't recall which it was, waiting to have a scenario with two lads we heard discussing doing a run to which we went to the respective processor. We began getting impatient waiting for the two gentlemen and began firing shot in order to 'spook' passers-by. In the report by Mr. Strauss, I do agree that it appears to be an intentional shooting, and as commented it also appeared to be a possible 'Steam Sniper' however that is not the case at all. From my own perspective, it displays the random shot that was taken, please do add me on discord (DeadHartman#3735) so that I can show you the occurrence from my angle and how it was a very much unintentional shot.

Now I did disconnect after the above scenario took place, this was due to the fact I was quite startled at the fact I somehow managed to hit it, which is also the reason why I didn't continue firing towards the people present, as well, it was accidental. I do realize that I should have remained online and dealt with this situation either in-character or will a member of staff, and that if a similar situation is to occur, I will deal with it in such a manner.

Sorry that I didn't go into more detail, but there isn't much more to go on. I hope I didn't cause too much an issue.

-Thanks for considering.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

You have been banned for combat logging before and yet again you are back here for the same reason as before logging out. 

Why should we consider unbanning you when you already been banned for it before ?

Is this normal for you shotting on randoms car passing by and hope you don't kill anyone ? 

The first time that  punishment was issued, it was due to a crashing issue that I was facing that the time which caused a misunderstanding between all parties involved in the scenario and wasn't actually a case of 'Combat logging' although it did appear that way to others, it was cleared up in my last appeal. This time, although, yes it was, and I admit a way of removing myself from removing myself from the scenario, It was a genuine mistake and I sincerely apologise for making that mistake in the heat of the moment, instead of dealing with it in character or with a member of staff.

Also, no it is not a regular occurrence for myself and my friend to fire around vehicles in the fashion that we did on the night of the situation, this was a one-off and I can assure that it will never occur again. If we come to be in a similar situation of waiting a long period of time I will make sure that myself and anyone else involved do something else in order to stay entertained in order to stay free of any future rule violations in the future.

Once again I apologise for my mistakes and hope I can get back to roleplaying soon.

Thanks for considering.

Just to make sure that you have read the rules again quote the rule you broke then explain the rule in your own words and then explain why we have that rule in place

The first rule is Random Deathmatch - '

[SIZE=medium](2.2) Random Deathmatch (also known as RDM) - Shooting at someone without engaging in any form of quality role play is considered RDM. (eg. Giving enough time for them to comply with your order. Count downs are not considered quality roleplay, please at least attempt to create an interesting roleplay story before considering shooting.) Punishment is a ban.'[/SIZE]

This rule is in place in order to enhance the roleplay capabilities and scenarios of people, by not allowing people to shoot everyone who is attempting to roleplay. Without this rule, the server would descend into chaos, no roleplay would be able to be done due to the shootings that would occur, this makes it so scenarios can develop in character, and that there is a reason in that scenario in order to shoot instead of doing it without proper roleplay development. 

[SIZE=medium](2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first). [/SIZE]

[SIZE=medium]This rule is in place to make sure that no-one gets an unfair advantage by keeping items that would have been lost in a scenario, it also prevents disruption of roleplay as someone disappearing during an active roleplay scenario is immersion breaking and an inconvenience for others involved.[/SIZE]

So you got banned before for VDM and Combat log. 
We give you a other chance to prove yourself, And then you thank us by breaking rules again... 
Is it hard for you to follow rules? Or are you just being ignorant towards rules? 
So how can we be sure that you will follow the rules this time? 

So you got banned before for VDM and Combat log. 
We give you a other chance to prove yourself, And then you thank us by breaking rules again... 
Is it hard for you to follow rules? Or are you just being ignorant towards rules? 
So how can we be sure that you will follow the rules this time? 
I can understand each and every concern that you have regarding the issue, and I can assure you that it is not hard nor am I ignorant towards rules. You can be sure that I will follow the rules as I have read over the rules a few times since  the incident in order to become even more familiar than I was prior, to the rules, you can also be sure due to the fact that as i've stated, it was a genuine mistake and I am sincerely sorry for doing what it was I have done and will take much more care in order to not violate any of the rules in the future. 

Thank you for taking the time to respond and consider.

Once again I apologise for the inconvenience. 

Regarding the RDM, to show us what level of RP is expected before shooting, give us a RP scenario either play-by-play or script of you ambushing someone you want to rob, and at what point you feel like you can shoot them (given they dont comply with your robbing rp).

Also what will you do in future instead of combat logging?

Regarding the RDM, to show us what level of RP is expected before shooting, give us a RP scenario either play-by-play or script of you ambushing someone you want to rob, and at what point you feel like you can shoot them (given they dont comply with your robbing rp).

Also what will you do in future instead of combat logging?
Upon robbing someone, after telling the victim to stop and put his hands up on his head, they will be told that they will be fired upon if they're to not follow your instructions, followed by a form of countdown if they are stationary, if they are on the move, repeat the instruction a few times over to make sure they have heard the instruction and are indeed resisting and then fire upon the victim when they are confirmed resisting/ignoring your demands and are fully aware of what you are asking. 

If it is not fully clear to the other person, it should be explained once again just to make sure that they know what is happening before you fire towards them.

Instead of combat logging, I'd first start by not shooting in the way I did when the situation occurred, but if i ever was to fire upon someone instead of leaving I would do RP before shooting that being a robbery etc to assure that it is a valid shooting so I don't need to worry about it being a RDM case and be tempted to combat log again.

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back