What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Picking up weapons from a body

If i remember correctly, you used to be able to pick op weapons from people that had died. Is it correct that this is not longer possible? And why so? Thanks.

Has this always been seen as exploitation? I always thought that looting a dead body meant taking clothing, vests, balaclavas and so on, but i didn't know it was against the rules to pick op a gun, because it was just laying on the ground? Thanks a lot.

The only way to get a gun off a dying guy is when you fully execute him (shoot him with a handgun when he is downed) and be quick and pick up the gun that drops there for a few seconds.

The only way to get a gun off a dying guy is when you fully execute him (shoot him with a handgun when he is downed) and be quick and pick up the gun that drops there for a few seconds.
Is that not exploiting tho

@Jason Wild No it's not exploiting, looting death bodies is something else, which allows you to get their goods for e.g (cloths|mags|etc)

Last edited by a moderator:
Are any staff able to comment, verifying the above statement for clarification?

Yeah from what I’ve heard taking the guns is fine, but looting dead AI is an exploit 

It’s been verified by both staff and developers that it is not exploiting to pick up a gun from someone you execute. Looting dead bodies is completely different to taking a gun from an executed person. 

@Jason Wild You keep saying ask staff, well I did some weeks ago, and apparently I wasnt the only that asked and confirmed it's not, looting death bodies is a different thing

Last edited by a moderator:
@Jason Wild Hopefully when staff reply to this we can see as this is going around in circles alot and it's basically he says she says at this point.

This would be classed exploiting and therefor against the rules. I would highly advice you not to do it 🙂

If you want someones weapon, knock them out, restrain them and pat them down, or force them to drop it when they are alive.

(2.4) Using any exploits such as looting dead bodies, duplication of items or money, using the ‘Flip Vehicle’ feature outside of its intended purpose, transferring / processing items through walls and windows,and locking doors that have been broken into before 10 minutes have passed, IE those that have been bolt-cut. Punishment is a permanent ban without appeal. If you discover an exploit that nobody else knows about, please reveal it to a staff member privately in order to ensure that it does not be abused in the future. 

@faceoftheplanet
I dont really see the reason to why this would be classes as exploiting, as you aren't cheating to get said weapon, when you execute the player, the weapon will be there for a few miliseconds and during those miliseconds you will have the time to pick it up. Ill consult myself to an admin now and ask them, i shall re edit this post with the reply and a " from exactly what he said. 

This has been asked/reported before and a similar answer will be given as before. @Jason Wild you are not correct on this one. We intend weapons to despawn as quick as possible but, at least still for the moment in time, in the period before it despawns you will not get in trouble for picking it up.

Back