What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Anyone recognise this place......

Lemnos is a Greek island in the northern park of the Aegan sea. The highest point is Mount Skopia at the altitude of 430m. What we refer to as the Altis news tower. The chief towns are Myrian, on the western coast, and Mourdos on the eastern shore of a large bay in the middle of the island. Myrian is kavala, Mourdos is Paros. it is inhabited by approximately 17,000 people. According to mythology, the island of Lemnos was the island of Hephaestus, god of fire and volcanoes. The god fell on the island when his father Zeus hurled him headlong out of Olympus. Overall all the names we know on Altis are all found in Lemnos yet just spread around; Kavala is found at the far south of Lemnos. British Airways and Thomas Cook Airlines both fly direct to Lemnos from the UK at just £149.

That was my geography project for the day thanks 🙂 

I know someone who’s taking a holiday to Lemnos this summer... I’ll ask for photos!

I wouldn't mind going there myself, At least I'd know my way around. 
You probably could for real, at least in some places like kavala

OBZuNhm_d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I went on holiday there in the early 90's would be trippy going now.But yeah at least you would know your way around.

Anyone recognize the name Sintians? The Sintians (/ˈsɪntiənz/; Greek: Σίντιες), "the Raiders, the Plunderers", from Ancient Greek sinteis, "destructive"[1]) were known to the Greeks as pirates and raiders they are also referred to as a Thracian people who once inhabited the area of Sintice and the island of Lemnos which was also called in ancient times Sinteis.

Little bit of backstory:

The Sintians worshipped Hephaestus. They are mentioned in Homer: in the Iliad[6] as the folk who had tended Hephaestus in Lemnos after the lame smith god was let fall to earth; the Sintians “of wild speech” (ἀγριόφωνοι agriophonoi) also appear in the Odyssey;[7] in the tradition reported by Homer it was understood by their incomprehensible speech that they were among the non-Hellenic peoples of the Aegean.[8] "Because the Sintians have no place in the immediate context (that is, they are not asking the god for anything), we may suspect that they were the ones who in some pre-Homeric myth rescued the god."[9] In 2002 the city of Heraclea Sintica was accidentally discovered at the foot of an extinct volcano on the land of Rupite, Bulgaria. Thus ended the years-long argument between Greece and Bulgaria about where Heraclea Sintica actually wa

Back