What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

My Monster Computer, By Cowboy Chip

Cowboy Chip

Lifetime Donator
Lifetime Donator
My Monster computer, By Cowboy Chip​

Read through this. and at the end, I have a surprise for you 😉

[SIZE=10pt]Building a new computer after only a few years was never foremost in my mind.  [/SIZE]Much less, birthing a $6,000 monster machine. 

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]A bit of history:[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] My computer needs while complex, were relatively simple.  [/SIZE]I needed a computer that would handle all my business needs, trading needs, as well as my video editing needs. So, I ordered a costume-built computer from Dell, thinking that would handle all my needs.  And although it did, to some extent, do what I needed, as time went on that computer began to have a lot of issues.   Like an expensive car, it needed a lot of constant maintenance, and replacement of parts that should have lasted longer than they did till finely, the straw that broke the camel’s back.

[SIZE=10pt] After spending almost double the purchase price to keep that Dell alive. The motherboard was failing and that’s when I’d had enough.  [/SIZE]It was time for a new computer.  But this time, I wanted to build something that would last, something that if I needed to replace any parts, I wouldn’t have to worry about proprietary issues.    I could simply replace the part(s) that went out and keep going.

[SIZE=10pt] So began my research.  [/SIZE]But where to begin.  So many questions and so many options.  What were the best components, what components would work together, what components were the best for both a work station, and a gaming platform.  So many ideas from so many people.  This one is better, that one is better, everyone had their own opinions and ideas.

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Remember[/SIZE][SIZE=10pt], I wanted first a workstation that would decimate any software I through at it with lightning speed, in addition, handle any work load I intended to use it for.  [/SIZE]Second, I wanted to have the ability to destroy any game I was playing. {Within reason.} With that in mind, I begun gathering a parts list.  Now of course, balancing a work station with a game machine is a tough task as some components are better for gaming, others are better for work stations.  moreover, I didn’t want to spend more than $7k so I had to pick the right components for the build.

[SIZE=10pt] [/SIZE][SIZE=10pt]Below is what you see in the video:  [/SIZE]A monster work station that to date, has out-performed my every expectation.  Yes, there were a few hiccups I had to deal with but I believe I have those sorted out.  That said, this computer may not destroy some games, but a few.  It’s better than I have ever had.  I still need to buy a couple real nice monitors, but that will come soon enough.

[SIZE=10pt]----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Corsair Obsidian 500D RGB Mid-Tower Case w/ three RGB fans[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Corsair ML120, 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Fan (2-Pack)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Corsair ML120 Pro 120mm Premium Magnetic Levitation Cooling Fan[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]SilverStone PWM Fan Hub System Cables, Black[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Corsair Lighting Node Pro RGB Lighting Controller w/ 4 LED Strips[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]EVGA SuperNOVA 1000 T2, 80+ Titanium 1000W, fully Modular ECO Power Supply[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]CableMod PRO ModMesh Cable Extension Kit (White)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Asrock X399 Taichi TR4 AMD X399 ATX AMD Motherboard[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2990WX Processor[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Deepcool Fryzen Air CPU Cooler for AMD TR4/AM4, 6 Heat-pipes[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]G.skill Flare X Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2933 Desktop Memory[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]G.skill Flare X Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) DDR4 2933 Desktop Memory[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 GDDR6 8gb Graphic Card[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Asus ROG Strix GeForce RTX 2080 GDDR6 8gb Graphic Card[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Asus ROG Nvlink Bridge with Aura Sync RGB[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Samsung 970 PRO Series - 1TB PCIe NVMe - M.2 Internal SSD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Samsung 860 Evo 1TB 2.5 Inch SATA III Internal SSD[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Seagate Iron Wolf Pro 7200RPM Internal SATA 6TB Hard Drive[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Creative Sound BlasterX AE-5 Hi-Resolution PCIe Gaming Sound Card[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Asus ZenDrive Black External DVD/Burner Drive M-Disc Support[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Anker 8-in-1 USB 3.0 Portable Card Reader for SD, Micro SD, & Others[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Ugreen USB 3.0 to SATA III HDD/SSD Adapter Cable Converter[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt]Anker 10 Port 60W Data Hub with 7 USB 3.0 Ports and 3 Charger Ports[/SIZE]

Oh, and for the grand finally, and a MUST Watch, See the next post coming soon.  Watch as I destroy the old Dell computer!

Last edited by a moderator:
What's that mini monitor next to your pc? Where can i buy it? 

Back