Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

CST Louie Austino

New Mic and Headset

CST Louie Austino

I'm looking at purchasing a new headset and mic after @Roberts¬†sprayed L'oreal Men Expert antiperspirant on it! and broke my mic ūüėČ The current headset I've got I bought¬†off amazon for ¬£15 and it lasted me coming on 3 years. I'm looking at upgrading without spending a bomb. So please give us some advice on what to get. I'd prefer¬†a Bluetooth¬†Headset but not too fussed.¬†

I've looked at the Yeti Snowball. Is this any good and worth its £44.99 price tag?  

Thanks in Advance

Louie

• Haha 1

Charles Vane
1 hour ago, CST Louie Austino said:

I'm looking at purchasing a new headset and mic after @Roberts¬†sprayed L'oreal Men Expert antiperspirant on it! and broke my mic ūüėČ The current headset I've got I bought¬†off amazon for ¬£15 and it lasted me coming on 3 years. I'm looking at upgrading without spending a bomb. So please give us some advice on what to get. I'd prefer¬†a Bluetooth¬†Headset but not too fussed.¬†

I've looked at the Yeti Snowball. Is this any good and worth its £44.99 price tag?  

Thanks in Advance

Louie

I had a snowball for about 5 months and it was good. It did the job the issue was that it was really sensitive in picking up all sorts of noises or neighbours dog an such. Its not a directional mic so picks up sounds from everywhere. I had a keyboard behind it and it would always pick that up. After a while i went for the Blue yeti so that i could get the different mic settings and also the adjustable mic sensitivity.

For headset i went for Hyper X cloud 2 from a lot of peoples recommendations. Decent mic on it which is removable and great sound quality for price. 

• Like 2

Mr Coco

I have the snowball, it’s decent but picks up everything. It’s not the nicest when you have a mechanical keyboard.

Aceryz
On 08/04/2019 at 00:50, Charles Vane said:

For headset i went for Hyper X cloud 2 from a lot of peoples recommendations. Decent mic on it which is removable and great sound quality for price. 

I currently have the Hyper X cloud 2 and I second this.