What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Un-ban Appeal - Wayfarer - 17/04/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wayfarer

Investor
Investor
Lifetime Donator
In-game Name
Wayfarer

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
17/04/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Stavik

Reason given for your ban.
2.5 Combat logging

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because I closed down the game while dead. I crashed a helicopter in front of my peers in the police, rather than facing the embarrassment, in the moment I decided to eject myself out of Teamspeak and more importantly, the RPUK server. Which is a clear breach of 2.5, namely the examples listed in the rule (logging out while being dead, and rage quitting)

Why should we unban you ?
I didn't have malicious intent when I did what I did. I didn't log out to stop roleplay or to win any situation. It wasn't active combat, and I didn't log out to save myself or my gear. I did it because I wanted to avoid embarrassment. Which does not justify at all what I did, but my actions were not calculated to deny anything from other users. I didn't even intend to log back into the server to avoid the respawn timer. I made an action based emotion, in an attempt to avoid potential ridicule.

I didn't consciously indent to break the rule. While doing it, I did not remember that rage quitting/ quitting while dead was in the 2.5 rule. Ignorance is not an excuse for why I broke the rule. After all, I have been here on the community long enough that I should have known that. My point is that I didn't intend harm when I committed the senseless act that I did.

Throughout this appeal, I have mentioned repeatedly (like a broken record) that I didn't mean any harm. The fact of the matter is that it did cause damage. I broke one of the most basic rules and set an incredibly poor example to others. I know full well I did wrong, and would honestly kind of understand If this gets denied. But being banned like this was a massive shock. Without trying to sound clique and like thousands of unban appeals that have come before me. I really want to learn from this experience. I'm sure that remembering this in the future will give me the kick I clearly needed not to do this ever again. If it does happen again, honestly I would deserve to be permanently banned.

I have been part of this community now for close to two years in three months. In that time I have made one previous slip up, and I have never tried to make any issues for the community. My hope on this occasion that the staff team might be able to give me one last chance and to learn from this.

Thank you for reading

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

As you briefly mentioned, this is now the second time you've done this. Previously, you had combat logged to save the contents of a property, whilst this is slightly different, the concept is the same. You logging off damaged the experience of others.

Tell me,

- You've done it twice, how on earth can you expect us to trust that you won't go on and do it again? ("I've learned from my mistakes" won't cut it this time.)

- Is there an underlying issue that needs to be addressed? Do you find yourself being angered easily? Are you short-tempered?

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn't so much do it out of anger, as I did it out of embarrassment. I wouldn't say that I'm short-tempered and a year in the police (RPUK police that is) means that I have a lot of experience now of not getting angered easily. If you ask people in the community who know me I'm sure they will tell you that I don't get annoyed easily at all, and I'm pretty laid back in terms of my attitude. 

I didn't intend to break the rule this time. Last time yes I did it out of frustration and this was back in September 2017, which I hope you can agree is a while ago now. This may not sound genuine, but this time I honestly didn't remember it was against rules. Which admittedly I should have known. I can't say this delicately so I'll just go for it, I acted like a F****** dumbass in a single moment.     

This moment of me not thinking about my actions have cost me a year and a  bit of work I have put into the servers police force, which I have enjoyed so much. and it has cost me my newly gained position of Deputy of NPAS, on top of being banned from a server that I truly just enjoy playing on. This has shown my clear as day that "yeah if I don't think before I act, I lose so much"

I don't want to cause any harm to this community. If this happens again (not that I plan to) I would totally agree, I would not deserve to be unbanned. Because if I did, it would show that I am incapable of learning from mistakes. I would agree with you if you said that about this incident as well, It is a justified question. This may again sound disingenuous, and you may think I'm simply writing this for the sake of being unbanned. But when I was banned I was very distressed, I couldn't believe I had done something so stupid, I have been honestly shocked at my own stupid for the last 24 hours since this occurred.

All I have left to say is that I hope you can find a reason, or mercy to give me one last chance to prove myself, I would accept permanent or permanent ban without appeal. If I do this or something like it again, I don't plan on appealing it, as I would be getting what I deserve if I did.      

All things considered, you know damn well you've done wrong. 

Hopefully, you've learnt your lesson this time. I am going to unban you on this occasion though you are very unlikely to be met with the same generosity if this happens again. Just remember, nobody's perfect, we all crash occasionally, just take it in your stride. Nobody thinks any less of you for crashing a helicopter, but they may start to if you demonstrate this sort of behaviour again.

UNBANNED

Last edited by a moderator:
Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back