What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

Un-ban Appeal - Robert R - 22/04/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert R

Unlinked
In-game Name
Robert R

Steam ID
https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198052025372/

The date of your ban.
22/04/19

Member of the team that banned you.
AIDEN

Reason given for your ban.
Teleporting 2.11

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because I was at pyrgos in the continental hitting the machines when I was done I left the server and spawned gang base.

Why should we unban you ?
Because I only have about a month left until I leave to boot camp June 3rd and I just wanna play with my friends. Been here for about a year and I really haven't done stuff like this was my first mistake was stupid of me to do it. and also this is the best role play server and I don't want to be banned for it can't get the role play experience anywhere else

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

So why did you think you would just respawn and teleport? To me this sounds like you were lazy and thought you could just get away with it. How can we trust you to follow any more rules if you think you can get away with breaking them?

I can see why you would like to be unbanned, however what is in it for us?

Let's be honest. We both know the reason I teleported, and you're right. It was complete and utter laziness. I thought I was alone at the slots and I'd be alone at the gangbase, I didn't think I would effect anyone. I didn't take into cosideration that if I travelled properly, that I could have had interactions and as such my experience, and that of others was effected by my teleporting.  

You're right in that I thought I could get away with it, I was naive and stupid, but most of all, as previously stated, I was lazy. For me this was a wake up call, I've had a clean record up until now and I don't want this to be a stain on my name within the comunnity.

As for " what's in it for us " I believe I bring high quality roleplay to those I interact with, I understand where ive gone wrong, and this was a wake up call for myself, and  a reminder that the actions I take have consequence. As mentioned in my unban, I'll be leaving for the marines next month so I just want to enjoy my time with friends until then. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've had a clean record up until now
Now that isn't 100% true is it. I do believe you were given a warning on the forums right before the incident that lead to your ban, care to explain that? 
Now from my experience someone who teleports won't just do it once out of laziness. Was this a singular occurrence or has it happened before? (Honesty is key here)

• Eggplant
Reactions: Riz
My forum warning was simply because I was hot headed with a dev and let my frustrations get the best of me. I was trying to voice my concerns with server development. However, I went about this the wrong way and showed a lack of respect and as such I was appropriately banned. In terms of teleporting, the honest answer is yes, I have teleported before. Like I said, I hadn't really given much attention to the fact my actions could effect others on the server and I had been lazy and inconsiderate. Like I said previously, this has been a wake up call for me and it's something I have no intention of doing ever again. I thought what I was doing was a 'victim less crime' and that no one was negatively impacted by what I had done. Obviously I see the error of my ways.  

Alright @Robert R could you explain why the teleport rule is in place and reasoning as to why it isn't a victimless crime. (if you teleport other's might start to as well and what happens when everyone starts to teleport?)

• Eggplant
the teleport rule is in place for multiple reasons. 1. To add realism to the game. 2. To prevent people avoiding hostile role play that they may encounter if they travel without teleporting. 3. If everybody started to teleport it would reduce roleplay and server interactions which is not what anyone wants. 4. In teleporting you take away opportunities from other players and give yourself immunity.Rest assured I understand greatly where I’ve gone wrong and it’s an action I will not repeat 

Alright then @Robert R I will be unbanning you 

Next time don't be lazy, our rules are in place for a reason make sure you follow them. You've had a clean record up till this point make sure you don't make it any dirtier then it needs to be. Also make sure to think twice and read through something before you post it on the forums especially when criticizing something.

• Eggplant
Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

• Eggplant
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back