What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here Less than 10 left!

Un-ban Appeal - nallukat - 23/04/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

nallukat

In-game Name
mikko

Steam ID

The date of your ban.
23/04/19

Member of the team that banned you.
Ursae Minoris

Reason given for your ban.
VDM / Combat Log

The Server you initially were banned on.
Server 1

In your own words, please type why you think you were banned.
I was banned because I got chased by police and then crashed HEMTT and when I was suffering in pain, my internet connection lost. After 5min when I got my connection working again, I tried to log in again and it says that "You were kicked, VDM/Combat Log by Matt"

Why should we unban you ?
Because I was roleplaying until the end and unfortunately my internet connection crashed. As you can see, I've been RPUK member years... And always kept my role playing attitude until the end.

Please confirm this unban request is for you.
Yes

I have read and understand the unban appeal process
Yes

Please confirm you understand there is no timeframe for your appeal.
Yes

Before you submit this form please confirm you have fully read the rules click here
Yes

And what it comes to VDM, there wasn't any intentional VDM from my part. It was "high speed" chase in the middle of flora with HEMTT and 2 polices + 1 van. The Van crashed to my back when I tried to stop the HEMTT to surrender and then there was explosions. I wasn't ramming to anyone.

The ban notes are a bit different from what you described. In the ban notes it states: "said that he had to do what he had to do and then logged out". This does not seem to be an ordinary internet connection lost but more an intentional combat log. Care to explain?

@nallukat

Yes, that sentence needs some context, and this was the conversation:

Me: My HEMTT exploded

Van driver: lol it wasn't your vehicle, you stole it

Me: it was mine for a minute

Police: *something about me being "funny guy"

Me: Yea, man gotta do what a man gotta do

And after that and before my lost connection there was discussions in voice chat from all of us.

Point is that I roleplayed and didn't break the character and why would I have?

And before that incident I was trying to get rid of cops and that one van driver by driving through hard terrain and bushes. I was not VDMing and the HEMTT crashed + I died because of the van driver (the guy I lockpicked and stole it from) crashed my back.

Can you verify from server logs that my connection was lost?

I have checked with the staff member that issued the ban and he confirmed that it said: "disconnected" and not "losing connection" and then disconnecting. This indicating that you did not lose connection but indeed combat logged. I will give  you this one chance. Did you actually lose connection or did you combat log? 

@nallukat

@KingGodDiabloZ Thanks for checking that out.

I know that it would be "easy" to just admit that I combat logged and apologize but that wouldn't be the truth in this case. And I believe that speaking the truth in appeals is the right way to do. Reason for disconnecting from server was that my internet connection lost. I can't tell how it seemed for the clients that were connected the server... The connection started losing somewhere about 18.00 CET (+2h = 20.00 in Finland) and first the Arma's renewing the connection timer went to ~20sec and the connection renewed, after 1-2min the connection was lost again and then the timer went to 90secs and was timed out. I tried to find the Arma3 logs that could show these same events from my side, but after investigating  I believe those kind of logs can only be seen from the server side. I also attached screenshot from my Windows' Event Viewer logs from the very same date and time and I found this event. (sorry it is in finnish, but I can translate those for you under the pic.) If you have access to Arma3 server side logs, those could also give some more insight in to this matter.

image.png

Verkkoyhteys katkaistu = Network disconnected

Nimi = Name (of the connection)
Kuvaus = Description
Tyyppi = Type, Ei hallittu = Not controlled/Managed
Tila = Status, Yhteys katkaistu = Connection disconnected
Luokka = Class, Julkinen = Public
Lokinimi = Log name
Lähde = Source
Tapahtumatu = Event number
Taso = Level, Tietoja = events
Käyttäjä = User, Paikallinen palvelu = Local service
Toimintokoodi = Event code, Tietoja = events

And I think rest of the fields are self-explanatory or irrelevant.

I know how it seems very suspicious when disconnect happens in "waiting for NHS / waiting for arrest" situations, but sometimes these kind of unfortunate events don't look time or place. I have been playing in RPUK servers for years (started playing 2014) and I am very aware of the rules and try to obey them in all situations. I also enjoy playing RPUK as it is the best roleplaying Arma3 server and has been for many years. I would also bring that fact in to consideration that I tried to log in as soon as possible after the I got my connection working (I think it was after 5min of disconnection) and my intention was to reach out for the police to continue the arrest situation and go to prison to "enjoy" the consequences. But it wasn't possible because of the ban. I am here referring to the Rule 2.5:

(2.5) Combat logging at any point during RP is exploiting. Some examples of this include: logging out during a firefight, being chased by the police, arrested by the police, while dead awaiting a medic, logging out in order to save gear, rage-quitting, logging out whilst restrained/detained. Punishment is a ban. Staff can make an informed decision depending on if you’ve made an attempt to resolve the issue. We do suggest you attempt to rejoin the server and continue the roleplay (try messaging them with the mobile system first).
But these are the events from my perspective and point of view and the truth from my part. I am very willingly answering all the questions you may have in this matter to show that I want to solve this issue as fairly as it can.

First of all I want to thank you for your effort that you put into your appeal! I do believe that indeed your disconnecting was caused by internet issues and not by you combat logging. With regards to the part of VDM, accidents can of course always happen but you need to ensure that for other people it doesn't look like you are intentionally causing accidents. e.g when being chased suddenly slamming the breaks causing the other party to crash into you. So be sure to be careful with this! 

Before rejoining remember to read over all the server rules again and if you have any question about one of them feel free to come to Join for Support to ask for assistence! 

Welcome back! 

Now that you’ve been unbanned don’t forget to give our rules a thorough read over again here.

Please note unbans on the server are instant and you will be able to connect straight away.

Additionally, to get more involved with the community join our Steam Group and Discord!

Steam Group: RPUK Steam Group

Discord: RPUK Discord

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back