What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here!

1 Life per Gunfight

Are you in favour of 1 life per gunfight?

• Yes

Votes: 93 62.0%
  • No

Votes: 57 38.0%

• Total voters

Delta

Not American
Not a rules feedback or suggestion as of yet, just want to gauge community opinion.

What do people think of having 1 life per gunfight?  This would even the playing field a bit and stop gunfights being unwinnable due to larger groups continuously coming back.

@Delta ,  Looking at the rules, Is not the New Life rule apply to this?  Seems like it would as if your killed in a gun fight, your dead...  In your next life ,your not going to remember being in any gunfight.  Moreover, per the rules, your character cannot return within 1000m of the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation until the 15 minute NLR timer has expired.

If your question refers to returning to the location of death or be involved in the same combat situation, then my vote is Yes.  If you die in that gunfight, your out of the situation, and should not be allowed to return.

If I am understanding your question correctly...

@Cowboy Chip if you have respawned and the 15 mins is up, you can return to gunfight assuming you still have living gang members there who can brief you of the ongoing like you are a new person

I was gonna make a topic of this. Guess ya beat me to it.

I'm tired of seeing zombie wave upon zombie wave upon zombie wave in gunfights nowadays.

One life and can not return to same gunfight at all.

Yes please

Not a bad idea.

Redzones should be an exception though. I think you should be allowed to go back to redzone fights after NLR if this was a rule.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Cowboy Chip if you have respawned and the 15 mins is up, you can return to gunfight assuming you still have living gang members there who can brief you of the ongoing like you are a new person
Right, I saw this in the rules.  Thank you.  My question was, is @Delta's pole asking if people want that rule stopped...   I should have clarified my Q better.  

Yes. The yes is saying you can only partake in a gunfight once if you die, the no is saying keep it the way it is 
That's what I though it meant.  Thank you for clarifying that.   In that case, my vote would be yes.  If you die, your out of the situation.  On a realistic aspect, there is no returning from the dead to fight again  lol.  And as this game is trying to be as realistic as possible, Allowing people to return to any gunfight after they have been killed, is not very realistic.  In addition, people might play a bit more careful, and skillfully if the new that if they die, it's over.  In my opinion  😉

this would have a huge impact on ‘heists’. They’d become a lot easier for rebel gangs, just wondering if the one life per gunfight would include this? 

Also +1 to the actual idea

this would have a huge impact on ‘heists’. They’d become a lot easier for rebel gangs, just wondering if the one life per gunfight would include this? 

Also +1 to the actual idea
It should, I get the 'simulating the size of a real police force' aspect; but if you're doing say an HM at an active time the cops will always outnumber the rebels, often massively. It sort of breaks the immersion for me when during a long gunfight I shoot someone coming up DMT and then I see the same person running around in the same situation 20 minutes later. If you throw 25 officers at 10 rebels and the officers all die, rebels shouldn't see any more cops until the gold buyer IMO.

I made a rule suggestion about this a long time ago, but maybe times change i suppose. Still big supporter of it. 

Here is my initial post. No comments was made by staff. 

I made a rule suggestion about this a long time ago, but maybe times change i suppose. Still big supporter of it. 

Here is my initial post. No comments was made by staff. 
Not sure what changed since then, but I was against it back then. Now I'm for it, just tired of endless zombie wave gunfights I guess.

Picture this, your in a heated fire fight and one side is out numbered 3 to 1. The out-numbered gang is diligently picking off the grater opposing gang, or whomever, but, the greater opposing gang's numbers are consistently rejuvenated with re-spawned members re-joining the fight.   This would leave the out-numbered gang at a horrible disadvantage as they could never gain a foot hold on the situation. The fight would continue until the out-numbered gang's members were all dead, or, they simply gave up the ground.

This is just one reason why when your dead, your out.  There should be no returning to the fight.  This would include any situation whereby two groups of opposing players were involved in some sort of gun-play.  And yes, I know there are rules for different situations regarding this...

Every team is playing based on the skills of each of their members.  If the members of a smaller team have better skills than the opposing larger team, the smaller team should, in theory,  prevail.

Same goes for gangs of equal numbers.  The fire fight should be based on merits, skills, and team work, and not be disadvantaged with dead players spawning in and re-joining the fight.

That said, those of you who have been in these situations already know this, and have most likely experienced this first hand.

My 3 cents

+1 but exceptions such as red zones ECT, but ye it stops gunfights dragging out for hours especially in situations like 2 factions going at it because it can go on for hours

+1 but exceptions such as red zones ECT, but ye it stops gunfights dragging out for hours especially in situations like 2 factions going at it because it can go on for hours
Why would you exempt redzones?  the same thing would happen as anywhere else.  The RZ is already devoid of any real kind of RP between battling gangs, and the disadvantages are the same.  Unless-in of course one simply likes the killing to drag on for hours upon  hours until a disadvantaged gang is killed off, or gives up.

Back