What's new
Roleplay UK

Join the UK's biggest roleplay community on FiveM and experience endless new roleplay opportunities!

• The Official Roleplay UK 10 year pin badge has arrived, get one for yourself here 5 left!

Robbing Roleplay/Rule 7.1.3

canematt

Hi All, 

Still fairly new here so i wanted to ask something on the rules. Specifically rule 7.1.3 : "Killing someone must be carried out with high-quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low-quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP." 

I've had my fair share of being robbed (I think my record so far is 3 times in 2 hours) and most of them start on a variation of the "Hands up or i will shoot". Does it only become in violation of that rule when it leads to a death? Or is the "Bad" initiation considered to be breaking this rule? Are there any guides on what is and what isn't considered an acceptable initiation?  

If there is already a convo on this, i'm sorry! 

Hi,

If you actually want to hurt him, such as killing him or shooting him in the leg, you need to provide high quality roleplay before doing this.

I hope this clears it up a little bit, I would recommend waiting for a member of staff to give you a more detailed anwser to your question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi All, 

Still fairly new here so i wanted to ask something on the rules. Specifically rule 7.1.3 : "Killing someone must be carried out with high-quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low-quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP." 

I've had my fair share of being robbed (I think my record so far is 3 times in 2 hours) and most of them start on a variation of the "Hands up or i will shoot". Does it only become in violation of that rule when it leads to a death? Or is the "Bad" initiation considered to be breaking this rule? Are there any guides on what is and what isn't considered an acceptable initiation?  

If there is already a convo on this, i'm sorry! 
The rules are purposely vague in order to try prevent ruleplay and not role-play from my understanding. If your being robbed, then high quality role-play must follow. Its up you to decide if the role-play encounter you've had with someone is high quality. "Hands up or il shoot" is merely an example of bad roleplay. Thus, if you feel you've been killed unjustly through bad role-play, you can bring it to support or a player report. As a general rule, in order for an initiation to be valid, a visible weapon must be present, good role-play must have been provided and a lethal warning given to the player, all the while giving them enough time to comply with your demands. If your part of a gang, you must also make the victim aware that you have "friends in the area" in order to include them in the initiation.

These are my opinions alone, and I would advise speaking to a staff member in support if unsure about the rules

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Take a look at this video. It explains the difference between a good and bad initiation. Remember the above is just a guide never be afraid to get a little creative and embrace your inner rebel, for instance an initiation such as "right you little sh*T looks like its your unlucky day. Get your hands up behind your head right now otherwise me and my boys are gunna blast your brains all over the place! Just give us all your cash and you can walk away alive." saying something like this followed with the time for them to comply with that demand Is a much better initiation it throws in the fact he has friends and they will gladly help him, it chucks the fact in that if you comply he will be good thus allowing RP to flesh out. Bad initiations such as "hands up or die" or any other crap variations such as "hands or die", "hands or I'll shoot" "hands or get shot"  could earn them an exclusive one way trip off the island. There are of course many factors in any initiation which could result in rule break, such as Initiating without stating you have friends and then that friend shooting. The rule is specifically non specific because all situations are fluid and every situation is different. It will be up to you as a player to judge on wether you were a victim of fail initiation and before considering report a player I'd strongly recommend liaising with them to resolve the situation as mistakes happen. 

(7.1.3) Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay, “put your hands up or I will shoot” etc is considered low quality RP and may lead to a ban for RDM/Fail RP. Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together.

This particular rule applies in scenarios where high quality roleplay should be present. Running up to someone and shouting "Hands up or die" and then shooting immediately after may be considered a violation of this rule. Not quite RDM but still very poor and unacceptable in a serious roleplay community. 

A potentially good example of a roleplay robbery would be to be intimidating and over the top and say more than would I said above what is considered bad roleplay.

Breaking the rule down:

"Killing someone must be carried out with high quality roleplay" so an example of this would be "Move an inch out of line and I'll spray you down so fast I'll paint the Mona Lisa with your blood!" Would be an example of a decent threat to life after previous roleplay had also taken part with the opposition. "Executing another player must also be carried out with high quality roleplay, the only exception to this rule is if both you and the victim are engaged in a gunfight together" This means that when the player is downed and requires resuscitation from a defib or medic you can execute them killing the player and them losing all RP knowledge but to do this you MUST advise that you are killing them for example "Listen here you, you've been a pain in my side for sometime now and I'm tired of listening to your whinging and whining and I've finally got the edge on you and this is where I say good night *Pulls gun out, points at head* any last words? (Reply from downed player) *bang* " HOWEVER the exception to this rule is if you are the opposition are in a gunfight together so for example: a fight breaks out between two gangs, one gang is in the house, the other trying to break in, one of the gang members breaks into the house and runs in with a gun [this is assuming high quality roleplay has taken part already and the gun fight has started bare in mind] and gets sprayed down by the people originally in the house. Like I said this is assuming all the high quality roleplay has taken part already and at this stage is an active firefight. The people in the house may fire a bullet into the downed players head directly and kill them with no RP as it is an active firefight. 

I hope that gives you some clarification. If you feel some gangs are not providing you with good RP when getting robbed you can record them with AMD Relive for AMD GPU's, Geforce Experience for Nvidea GPU's, Windows 10 game record [activated with WINDOWS + ALT + R and settings changed with WINDOWS + G] or plays.tv are just a few that a lot of our players use to capture evidence and then you may confront the players asking them to come to TS using OOC (out of character) messages. If they don't you may report them or you can go straight to a report or report them after talking to them if you feel it wasn't resolved. Alternatively if you have no recording you can inform in-game admins via the messaging system about what has happened and what rule you feel has been broken, in which case if we weren't watching already we will certainly try our best to watch the players mentioned should they continue to break rules. NEVER break a rule yourself to counter another rule breaker

The video from Tadeusz mentions some great points IE:

C : Command

T : Threaten

T : Time

A : Action

But also remember that you need to inform players you have friends in the area when threatening them or counter threatening them for them to be allowed to shoot. 

I would also recommend reading: 

C : Command

T : Threaten

T : Time

A : Action
Heya, Thanks for this! Very helpful, boiling it down, it seems that the difference between a good or fail roleplay is the potential for roleplay. More opportunity for a interesting dialogue to take place. I guess if one is initiated on badly, try to record and report and suck up the loss! 

Take a look at this video. It explains the difference between a good and bad initiation.
Excellent video/s, Thanks for making it/them!

Cheers for the useful replies! 

🙂 there have been some good and funny situations i have been in old memories i love the hostage taking ones have to see if i got any old footage to share

can you steal and drive a fire truck and if not do you get banned for it ?
G9.8 explicit answers that.

(G9.8) Emergency Vehicles - It is forbidden to take NHS/Fire vehicles without consent.

Back