Experience the Altis Life
keyboard_arrow_right
ALTIS LIFE 1
ALTIS LIFE 2
DAYZ UK
TEAMSPEAK

We are currently undergoing maintenance

The forums are available for use, yet please do not expect full functionality.

YoCo

Hostages?

YoCo

Why do cops not value the lifes of fellow officers as hostage? I feel like the APD doesn't care about their officers lifes enough which leads to unnecessary deaths on your side.

I would advise reconsidering the hostage negotiating procedure to put a priority on the officers lifes, because at the moment that is not the case. (Even if you say that it is) 

• Like 16
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 3

Stavik

Hello.

As the number one hostage negotiator for the Altis Police SERVICE. (Self appointed)

First of all, good point. Second of all. The majority of hostage takings are done with demands that seems more stupid than anything else. Im not saying you are but ive heard demands like 3 hunters, 5 mill , 3 mill . 15 Black Rigs and a mar 10.

By all means, preserving Police, Civilian and Rebel life is goal number one.(And the NHS) But silly and stupid demands does force some hands and more often than not would lead to injury or death.

Give us a chance to meet you somewhere and then we can talk basicly. 

(This is how i deal with the occasional negotiation and in no way represent the rest of the Police)

• Like 1
  • Love 1

YoCo

"The majority of hostage takings are done with demands that seems more stupid than anything else." -

For me the above statement is false, and completely detracts from the point i'm making. Obviously i understand that unreasonable demands won't be met and thats not what my comments are about, I've had it on many occasions where even the simplest of demands wont be met.

Also, I've dealt with you as a negotiator before, and obviously this isn't directed at anyone specific, its just a general belief i have in regards to the APD and hostages yaknow.

E.G my most recent example, I was being put in prison, poseidon had two cop hostages and come to negotiate for me to be released. During negotiations, without even a word spoken to poseidon, myself and another were sent to jail, Complete disregard for the hostages life. 

• Hype 1
  • Facepalm 1

Stavik

What you have to keep in mind is that a cop all the way up to SilverCommand are restricted in some way. Many will to the lenght of getting permissions and such to meet certain demands.

But just as important is what the officers at the time is aware off. Intel on the situation and stuff. In terms of your latest example i cannot say if it was bad or not. But there must have been a reason.  Good or bad.

It is okay to loose sometimes. I would tell that to Police more if i could.

• Like 2

Nuclear

+1 on this suggestion due to the fact you can sometimes barely get a spike strip for 3 cops .

• Like 1

JaxTeller
2 hours ago, Stavik said:

First of all, good point. Second of all. The majority of hostage takings are done with demands that seems more stupid than anything else. Im not saying you are but ive heard demands like 3 hunters, 5 mill , 3 mill . 15 Black Rigs and a mar 10.

Yeah but the majority is also done with demands as a truck full off crumpets.

Stavik
22 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Yeah but the majority is also done with demands as a truck full off crumpets.

Correct me if i am wrong, but in 99 % of the situations the takers are the one making demands. Takers are in the power position. Offering crumpets would be stupid

GHOSTK1LL3R

For a roleplay server I find it funny when the cops are like 'na that PC isn't worth 2 black carrier rigs'. Pardon? You don't even buy them lmao, how are you telling me you are not going to give me 2 carrier rigs for a persons life. 

• Like 4

JaxTeller
24 minutes ago, Stavik said:

Correct me if i am wrong, but in 99 % of the situations the takers are the one making demands. Takers are in the power position. Offering crumpets would be stupid

Stavik, sometimes im taking the piss and ask for a truck full of crumpets for a save pass and let the Hostage go. Even that is too much. 

• Like 1

Stavik
5 minutes ago, JaxTeller said:

Stavik, sometimes im taking the piss and ask for a truck full of crumpets for a save pass and let the Hostage go. Even that is too much. 

Then my dude, you've met the silliest cop ever. 

• Like 1

ThomasW
28 minutes ago, GHOSTK1LL3R said:

For a roleplay server I find it funny when the cops are like 'na that PC isn't worth 2 black carrier rigs'. Pardon? You don't even buy them lmao, how are you telling me you are not going to give me 2 carrier rigs for a persons life. 

Because we can’t go around just handing out police equipment it’s against server rules number one and two you’d have every tom dick and Harry taking people hostage knowing they can get said police equipment 

• Facepalm 4

YoCo
Just now, ThomasW said:

Because we can’t go around just handing out police equipment it’s against server rules number one and two you’d have every tom dick and Harry taking people hostage knowing they can get said police equipment 

(10.2) Police may not sell their equipment, or willingly give their equipment away. If there is a strong roleplay cause, exchanges can be made.

Keyword, WILLINGLY. Don't quote server rules as an excuse because they play no part within the topic. xD

• Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Facepalm 2

Simon Ross

@ThomasW then what can you get for a hostage then if not some form of equipment because generally it seems the avg price of a sgt and bellow is about 30k...which barely covers the zip ties 

• Like 1

ThomasW
21 hours ago, Simon Ross said:

@ThomasW then what can you get for a hostage then if not some form of equipment because generally it seems the avg price of a sgt and bellow is about 30k...which barely covers the zip ties 

I always give equipment away WHEN its a good hostage situation and there is good quality roleplay. Not give me this this and this or hostage dies, while sending over police dispatches

Danish

At least they didn’t kill the hostages. I’ve had that happen.

Aethon

This is a needed change, back in psychos we had two cops hostage and were refused a single black beret for both of their lives, AR instead preferring a rescue mission that resulted in a massive and unnecessary gunfight. I understand not being able to offer four hunters for a PC but clothing and basic equipment should definitely be on the table. If it takes Gold Command to authorise some black carrier rigs then the regulation should be changed IMO.

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Facepalm 1